Please help! Problem with my '95 Z28.....

Maro

Hey all... about 3 weeks ago, I was involved in a small fender bender with my '95 Z-28. graemlins/slap.gif Damage was done to the left front corner (hood, fender, nose, headlights, etc.). The car was driveable and I drove it home approx 30 miles and then to the body shop. The car has been in the shop for the past 3 weeks to be fixed. Today, I stopped by to pick her up. I payed the bill :eek: and went out to take her home. When I started it, it sounded different... low exhaust note and really rough idle. I reved it a few times to clean it out, but it only got marginally better.

The guy at the Body shop suggested I take it home and try to "clean it out" on the way home. Well... the car feels like a 4-cylinder. Absolutely NO POWER and it takes forever to come up in rev's. I went back to the body shop and had him take it out. He agreed that something was definately wrong.

He stated that they had only moved the ABS module, a vacuum canister, the air cleaner assembly, and the fuse box (the one under the hood). We had another guy look at it and he thinks it is a fuel delivery issue. The car seems to idle fine now, just no power at all! graemlins/nonono.gif

Anyone have any ideas? The car is still at the Body shop as I write this, since it is basically not drivable the way it is running.

Sorry for this being so long!

Originally posted by Maro:

Going to have that checked tommorrow. Guy is going to hook it up to a diag. machine and check the fuel system.

Could sitting cause something like this to happen?

It's definitely a possibility. But it sounds just like when my pump went bad. The car didnt have a real good idle and refused to rev at all. It went out pretty quick too. I have a little air/fuel gauge so when I gave it any gas at all I could see it going completely lean..

Well, I just got home a little while ago from the body shop ... Today, the mechanic found that the computer was showing an injector circuit issue (code 18 on the scanner). I went to look at the car after work and got to poking around.

Lucked out and found it... one of the 7.5 amp fuses for the injectors was blown....replaced it and it seems fine now! graemlins/thumb.gif

Somehow, they must've shorted something to ground while moving the fuse block out of the way. :rolleyes: Not sure what else would blow that fuse..... Anyhow, I am glad it was something easy.

Thanks for your input on this!

Turned out pretty nice and overall, I am very happy with it. Their customer service kinda sucked in regards to the whole troubleshooting issue... as the guy at the body shop basically wanted to stick it to me and not fix the car.... graemlins/nonono.gif

Here are some B4 and after pictures....

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~mccorry/images/misc/Side.jpg

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~mccorry/images/misc/Front%20corner.jpg

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~mccorry/images/misc/After%20Repairs.jpg