I think my water pump is about to take a dump on me

Jeffrey

Damn Talon.. anyway I was about to change out my rear brakes on the car and as i was getting ready to pull it into my buddy's garage I noticed a puddle of coolant forming on the driver side of the engine under the car. we look and it appears to be coming from where the water pump is and it was pouring outta there like it was its job. just a straight leak no dripping just a steady stream of coolant. Well since i have to replace this now where is a good place to do and, and since I am nearing 120k I am going to do the timing belt to. Anyone know of a trusted place besides a dealership to get this done? I need to get it fixed soon so a quick response would be appreciated.

Jeff some members on COLS DSM have done it talk to them. I think that the waterpump is driven off the timing belt so might as well replace it while you are in there.

I know Dan Weaver does some side jobs maybe talk to him and see about doing it one weekend. smile.gif

If you're mechanically inclined at all, you should get a manual and give it a shot.

Its really a straight forward job, I've got swaps down to less than 2 hours, and I've just done 3 or 4 of them. I'd do it for about 70 bucks if I lived up that way...

Expect to pay atleast $300 for parts (if you replace the pullies and tensioner like you're supposed to at 120k), even with the clubDSM discount. Oh, and DONT BUY the water pump from the dealer (but do buy the belts and accessories there), unless you just like spending an extra $40.

Your water pump is probably leaking out of the coolant tube. There's a o-ring on the end of the tube that is supposed to seal the water pump to tube connection. Its probably corroded and just broke a hole in the oring.

its getting taken care of, but I wont get the car back till Monday at the lastest (yeah Ive heard that before :rolleyes: ) stupid car! it only had to last another month before it got a nice long vacation but nooooo, SPOS!