Looking for a turbo

DTM Brian

Depending on what you want to spend, there are several trims of the Garrett T04B (older design) that will support enough airflow to get around there, as will some of the T04E (newer design).

If this is a larger V-type engine (5.0 V8? :eek:;) ), you could consider a pair of T3s, which are very commonly available used, since they've been put on thousands of cars over the last 20 years. Without knowing your exact application, I'd speculate that you'd need a pair of T3-45's or better. These (or something similar) came on everything from Volvos to turbo Dodges to Mustang SVO's/T-Bird Turbos.

You will also want to consider the issue of internal versus external wastegate.

Now, what engine is this going on again? smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest relvinnian
Originally posted by rl:

powerstroke turbos are wrong for a single on a 5.0, I belive SOME of the cummins turbos MIGHT work.

check out the junkyard turbo forum on www.mustangcentral.net some of these guys are very inteligent when it comes to doing turbo setups on 302's.

How do you figure? From what I understand the powerstroke uses a T04E .70 a/r frontside, and a 1.0 a/r backside, not sure on trim (i think o or p).

Are you saying the 5.0 needs a more restrictive trim? What do you plan on spinning the motor to?