Supra question

cNeutron

How hard would it be to take a NA Supra 93 and up and make it turbo. I have been looking at them and all the low mile TT are so mcuh or they have WAY to many miles! So I just wanted to see if that would be a option with the NA. What would I loose if I did that also?

Originally posted by White Supra:

You will end up spending roughly $10k, plus the NA has shitty ass brakes amongst other things.

the TT comes with A LOT of goodies, including upgraded brakes a very strong 6 speed. the n/a drivetrain will not hold as much power as the TT drivetrain. the 10.5:1 compression on the n/a engine will also limit your boost. if you're after BIG power, just buy the TT...

btw, the TT's turbo manifolds and fuel system (minus the pump) will not work with the n/a engine. you'll have to buy a turbo kit or piece something together yourself...

the TT is really a deal when you consider how strong the factory parts are. you're paying up front for bulletproof parts. if you just really like the supra, and you're not that concerned with power, buy an n/a and enjoy it. my two cents... smile.gif

[ 11. October 2003, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Four Wheel Drift ]