Cutting my can down?

Big Chief201

Here's a few tips.

1) DON'T use a sawzall or even a hacksaw. Use a Dremel or a cutting wheel ran with an air compressor. MUCH more exact and precise.

2) The inner core needs to be longer than the outside shell. It goes into the inlet cap and exhaust cap. Therefore, you cut straight down and cut it as short as the sleeve and you're done and it isn't going to be right.

3) Use stainless steel rivets. DO NOT use aluminum. They'll vibrate loose and make a shit pile of noise. Anoyying...

4) Use a bit of silicone (High Temp RTV is what I have used) so that you get a good seal on the cap and the sleeve...

Just take your time and it'll look real purdy like.

Good luck!

me and gruff1616 cut down my muzzy 5 1/2". used a cutoff wheel on a grinder and rivets. took maybe half an hour to do.

i was told to be on the look out for you. something about a gold 636 running around lol welcome to the board

I just finished mine this morning. Use a DREMLE! I can't emphasize that enough! I started with the hacksaw and sawsall and I made a mess out of it, but luckily I expected that thats why I started 1.5in longer that what I actually wanted. I love the new look of the can now. It is really throaty and makes babies cry.

i was told to be on the look out for you. something about a gold 636 running around lol welcome to the board
haha yea me and gruff have been doing some riding. you probably don't remember me but i'm nathan ross....i'm friends with your cousin justin.