IPS Motorsports

Turbo Ben

Recently it came time to order the parts to fix my car. So, I went to IPS Motorsports and ordered an HKS metal headgasket, ARP head bolts and a turbo timer harness. I ordered the parts on Feb 2nd, a Monday. Well, to my suprise I get a call at work from Ricky telling me my parts were in that following Wednesday on the 4th. Naturally I was extremely inpressed with the promptness and accuracy of my order. I will be ordering all my parts from IPS. graemlins/thumb.gif

Originally posted by Vash The Stampede:

Recently it came time to order the parts to fix my car. So, I went to IPS Motorsports and ordered an HKS metal headgasket, ARP head bolts and a turbo timer harness. I ordered the parts on Feb 2nd, a Monday. Well, to my suprise I get a call at work from Ricky telling me my parts were in that following Wednesday on the 4th. Naturally I was extremely inpressed with the promptness and accuracy of my order. I will be ordering all my parts from IPS. graemlins/thumb.gif

where are you gonna get your head machined at?

Originally posted by the Man With No Name:

A used motor is going in, we are installing the metal HG and ARP bolts on it. The head won't need machining (As long as everything checks out).

If it hasn't been machined yet it will need to be. The RA has to be extremly low (3-4). YOu can't just slap a metal hg on. DO you guys know anyone with a lapping tool?

Originally posted by Renner:

Nope, wasn't me, I have been living in a hole recently to get all my shit wrapped up. :( Thanks for the compliments though, so what is the latest story on your S4?

Got it back about two weeks ago or so. Need to sit down and finish my story of everything that happened before I forget everything.

Total cost would have been about $400. $200 for the deductible and ~$200 for parts which wern't directly related to the transmission but were obviously needed for a trnasmission swap. Exhuast gaskets and clamps, PS fluid, coolant, some other stuff. I ended up having them put on a new clutch and pressure plate (... and flywheel).

Wanted them to resurface the flywheel and they sent it to a machine shop who said, after a week, that it was impossible to do. Gave them the go ahead to put a new one one. Just so happens the 'acidentally' ordered one with my clutch and pressure plate. That doubled the cost of parts for that portion of the job. Did some research and posted on the S4 section of Audi World and it's not impossible, but just hard to do. Need a special Jig to hold the flywheel while it is being ground down. I guess it's some special two piece flywheel. Wasn't happy at all about that but didn't want to put that flywheel back on with a new clutch and pressure plate. Didn't trust them or the machine shop to check the specs on the flywheel for trueness. And I just wanted my car back. Oh well, it's back and runs good now. Full story to come but that's just one of the many thing's they've done through out all of this.

I got all of the old crap back which was cool. I'm going to dig through the parts to see if I can visually see what failed. Maybe rebuild the one I have now (for who knows what?) or just sell it as is. I figure with a transmission that cost $3.5k used I can get decent money from this one, even disassembeled.