Logitec "Gran Turismo" racing wheel

SPLN SUX

On first impressions, i was sort of pissed. Not because of the product itself, but the fact that i had to rearrange furniture just to have something for it to mount to.

Now to the product itself. From what im told, it was designed from the ground up, SOLEY for GT4... at first i was a bit sceptical, but after using it... i have no doubt in my mind.

If you were impressed by the game before, prepare to be absoluty blown away.

The unit is not only dual shock, but its also FORCE FEEDBACK. This means, when you touch a tire to grass, a skirt, a bump on the track, another car, ANYTHING... you feel it, and the wheel reacts as well. If you bump a car, the wheel jerks a tad. If you run off the raod, the steering goes loose. If you get into oversteer, the wheel goes loose. DRIFTING IS A BLAST WITH THIS!

The vehical control is unbelievible. The faster you go, the tighter the wheel gets. It even straitens itself back out when coming out of corners.

Shifting can be done multiple ways with this. There are padels under the wheel or a sequential style shifter placed very close to the wheel for real life-like shifting.

The pedal unit is attached to the wheel unit by a cable. The gas pedal has unified tension across the range of motion, but the brake pedal has PROGRESSIVE stiffness. The harder you push, the tougher it gets for the true to life power brakes feal.

This is by far one of the best things to ever happen to the gaming industry IMO... HANDS DOWN. If you dream of driving race tracks across the world... this is as close as your going to get without actully being there.

The price tag is $149.99... and its worth every single penny.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST BUYING THIS PRODUCT FOR PLAYING GT4!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

I'm just curious if it makes the game easier or harder (comparing same tracks/settings with just a normal Sony Dual-Shock controller).

Well... to me the game itself becomes harder, but driving clean lines is easier. Because the wheel has 900 degrees of rotation, the steering is much better compared to moving the little analog stick 1/2".

The game is harder though because no you have things like bump steer, over/under steer, body roll, chassis twist, etc. that you can now feel. Its pretty tough.

I tried this wheel on GT3 and GT4, and haven't liked it much so far. I just find it a lot easier to race with the controller. Yeah, it's probably more precise and what not with the wheel, but it definitely makes it harder.