Scammer in Columbus

Guest Sircnay

Guest Sircnay

This is copied from another forum:

Okay so I have an SR20DET 240sx. My T25 died on me and I sent this guy who lived in Columbus Ohio $200 to ship out turbos for me. Well I found out that he's a scammer and he hasn't been sending out the stuff. I've collected the following information from him.

His real named is David Darby but he goes under several AKA's. He told me his name is Justin Bonnell. I should've known something was up when he couldn't get the western union without an ID. *sigh* So now I'm screwed out of $200 which most isn't mine as another board member lent me some of the money. I'm only 18 and getting money is difficult.

He gave me this address to send the MO to: 1111 s champion ave

columbus ohio 43207

But according to the 300zxclub.net guys at http://www.300zxclub.net/showthread...;threadid=31036 he lives at 1408 S. 5th street in Columbus Ohio.

He gave me this number to reach him at 614 3612799, but that belongs to someone named Tina who is obviously lying to me over the phone when I call her.

So summarily, I've been scammed. Can anyone help me out at all? I live on the other side of the country and I can't do anything about it. I just found out that I'm going to have to go into surgery and I need the money to pay for it or else I'm screwed. So can somone please help me?

I was sent here by Jack Pee. This is my story and it's one of MANY. Trust me on that one. :mad:

Guest RJ1074

let the cops handle it... there isnt much else you can do.

maybe gather all the information you can about other people he has scammed, and the infomation he has given out so you have stuff to go on in court,....

hire a private investigator....

People, this is the guy who got scammed. It may be a repost, but this time it's not heresy. It's the person who got fucked.

Unfortunately, Chris, the addresses you've listed are like the Watts and Compton of Columbus. No one in their right mind would go marching through there trying to start a fight.

Go to www.ifccfbi.gov and file a complaint. They'll give you a report number right then and there, and you can forward it to the guy who scammed you. I got fucked a few years ago on some rims from a guy on Oklahoma, and he didn't cooperate until he got the report number. I got all of my money back, including shipping.

Try that and let us know how it goes. Good luck smile.gif

Whats wrong with Champion or 5th? I have frequented both. Sorry I didnt get to grow up in a "posh" neighborhood like you rich folk. smile.gif

I do know people taht can get your money, but I really dont advise it, and Im not willing to risk their lives for someone I dont know, no offense. Sorry.

Take the others advice and let the law handle it.

Ok, this is what my wife came up with for both names you gave.

DAVID DARBY

DOB: 1/18/1983

1408 S 5TH ST

COLUMBUS OH 43207

PULLED OVER 4/1/2004 BY OFFICER HENRY HUNT DRIVING A CAR WITH THE LICENSE NO DCC6537 OUT OF IOWA. HIS DRIVER'S LICENSE # IS 482084766. HE PAID WAIVERS FOR:

OPERATION WITH PROHIBITED WINDOW TINT

FAIL TO DISPLAY PLATE

MUFFLER, EXCESSIVE GAS OR SMOKE

FOLLOWING TOO CLOSELY

PHONE NUMBER LISTED TO THE ADDRESS IS #614-445-7397 BUT IT IS LISTED TO MURIEL CASPER.

THERE WAS A LISA J DARBY AT THAT ADDRESS BUT A NEW # FOR HER IS #303-986-3945.

JUSTIN BONNELL

DOB: 8/13/1984

286 E ALCOTT RD

COLUMBUS OH 43207

#614-497-2568 LISTED TO MALCOM FORTENBERRY

WAS SERVED BY CERTIFIED MAIL AT THAT ADDRESS FOR A CIVIL SUIT FILED THIS YEAR WITH A CHECK CASHING BUSINESS.

Hope this helps in any way. Got to love public records on line.

Originally posted by Will race for fuel:

People, this is the guy who got scammed. It may be a repost, but this time it's not heresy. It's the person who got fucked.

Ahhh...sorry about that. I recognized it as a copy/paste. Hense, the reason I called repost. My mistake, didn't realize that this was the guy.

Chris, I hope things work out for you. Good luck.

Guest Sircnay
I've contacted the Attorney General of Ohio and I've sent him all the information that I have. I'm also going to contact the Police Department in Colombus. If anything he'll get jail time. Hopefully.