Pit Bull's illegal?

excell

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's an extra 40$ or so annual on your homeowners policy. technically they can take your dog if you don't have coverage. i've had my pit for 4 years now in ohio and had coverage for 1. the only way you get caught is if someone throws a stinky fit...or your dog bites someone.

Originally posted by Jooomer:

That is some gay shit. Anyone know what it costs to insure one? Or the penalties for not insuring it?

A pit that lived 5 doors down attacked my daughter and father a year and half ago, the dog found a way over a 6ft high privacy fence, my daughter took a bite in the leg before my father got there to help her, he got 60 stiches, the 16 year old kid that owned it got his mother entire homeowners insurance policy canceled, and her sued, oh and the dog got a bullet courtesy of the CPD--so if you think that is GAY go buy one,let it get loose and see what might happen to ya.

Owners of dogs identified as pit bulls must carry $100,000 in liability insurance and provide a locked pen or a fenced yard for the dog when it is not inside a building. When off the owner’s property, the dog must be controlled on a chain link leash or tether or must be muzzled.

Originally posted by KBOND99:

A pit that lived 5 doors down attacked my daughter and father a year and half ago, the dog found a way over a 6ft high privacy fence, my daughter took a bite in the leg before my father got there to help her, he got 60 stiches, the 16 year old kid that owned it got his mother entire homeowners insurance policy canceled, and her sued, oh and the dog got a bullet courtesy of the CPD--so if you think that is GAY go buy one,let it get loose and see what might happen to ya.

I would NEVER let it roam free. Ever. ANY dog I had would be treated like this.

Originally posted by Sapper98Z:

German sheaphard is a much better dog if you're looking for a guard dog really. Pit bull's naturally have an agressiveness to them, but not ALL act that way. But if it were me, German Sheaphard all the way.

I want a German Shepard but they are really big and they shed a lot. I would like a smart and loyal guard type dog, but not huge.

I want a German Shepard but they are really big and they shed a lot. I would like a smart and loyal guard type dog, but not huge.[/QB]

Try a Scotty. Beleive it or not, they actually have a more powerful bite than a pit-bull. In fact, a breeder that I talked to at the Scottish Games in Liganier, PA, said that they have the most powerful jaws of any dog, period.

Can you imagine breaking into someone's house, hearing that annoying high-pitched bark, and then having your ankle ripped off?

Seriously, if you want a decent guard-dog, but don't want a sheperd, try a coon-hound, they're dumb, but trainable.

If you've got kids, a Border Collie is the best possible breed of dog to get. They have TONS of energy, so they'll tire the kid out, and keep em quiet at night, and they're VERY protective without being aggressive. I have personally watched a BC keep a VERY determined 3yr-old from running out into heavy traffic. Terrific herding instincts.

I will never own a dog that I can mop my floor with. tongue.gif

No kids, so I want something that can tear limbs off. :D

Irish Wolfhound, dumb as a rock, but they're as big as a fucking pony! graemlins/wtf.gif (biggest breed in the world!)

Originally posted by GonneVille:

Irish Wolfhound, dumb as a rock, but they're as big as a fucking pony! graemlins/wtf.gif (biggest breed in the world!)

Wrong tongue.gif

Guiness record is presently held by an English Mastiff. But probably the breed that's the biggest on average would have to be Newfoundlands and Landseers ;) One day I'll have one of each smile.gif

Huge dogs are sweet. I love my dog but when I play with her it's just not fun (55lb. Chocolate lab and Beagle mix). I want a dog that I can wrestle with and can beat the shit out of me.

Go check out some mixed breeds at a good pound around Columbus. That's where we have gotten our last two dogs and they have been fantastic.

Guest Rane
We had some dobermans back in the day that would go "on call" when we told them to guard the house and walk around pace around the house and stuff, good dogs.

I thought about a mixed breed, but I think I want a pure-breed. I think it would be cool to find a retired service dog. Looking at retired service dobermans. smile.gif