Election Results

copperhead

http://flathat.woodstream.net/ColumbusRacing/CopperHead/earlymap.jpg

According to that map, Bush has 254 Electoral votes and 51% of the popular vote.

Kerry has 252 Electoral votes and 48% of the popular vote, for a difference of 3.5 MILLION votes.

New Mexico and Iowa are both listed Bush ahead by 1%

Bush WILL carry Ohio, he's ahead by 150,000 votes, with 200,000 or 250,000 (can't remember) provisional ballots that still need to be VERIFIED and then counted. Won't make a difference, the margin is too large.

In other races...

The gay marriage ban passed in OH, and many other states, I think around 10 so far.

ALL of the local Tax Levy's passed.

The smoking ban passed.

The Senate now has 53 Republicans, 44 Democrats.

Tom Daschle is OUT!!

The House is 228 Republicans, 199 Democrats.

Please, add any other results you may find, but this is NOT an opinion thread.

"The gay marriage ban passed in OH, and many other states, I think around 10 so far."

It effects more then gays. There's a provision in there for domestic partnerships. Companies that used to offer benefits to unmarried people is now unable to. This means no health insurance to many people, including someone I know's sister. I doubt people even looked into that before they voted.

Originally posted by Mr. 2:

"The gay marriage ban passed in OH, and many other states, I think around 10 so far."

It effects more then gays. There's a provision in there for domestic partnerships. Companies that used to offer benefits to unmarried people is now unable to. This means no health insurance to many people, including someone I know's sister. I doubt people even looked into that before they voted.

Originally posted by Mensan:

Gay people aren't yet recognized as a group and protected under law. It's still legal to discriminate against anyone for sexual orientation. Just FYI. Our state legislature has also passed laws in the very recent past eliminating benefits to live in partnerships, regardless of sexual orientation. If you have a problem with this, as you should if you pay taxes (because elimination of benefits may prompt "two family" households to fall back on federal funds), contact your state official .

At the time I posted that, almost three weeks ago, I didn't realize we were voting on the issue. I just knew it passed.

Guest 01NFRs2k
The red for Bush's states is very true considering he won with the redneck vote. Looks at the states he won and lost. Even in Ohio, all of the major counties besides Hamilton and Delaware were won by Kerry. That includes Cuyahoga, Franklin, Lucas, Mahoning, Montgomery, Stark, Summit, and Trumbull. I'm not trying to start anything. Just making a comment. We have to be happy with whoever our leader is. I noticed in your first post, you said no opinions. This is not an opinionated post, I was looking at actual results county by county.