I hate Microsoft/Windows

RelliK

I just really hate windows, out of no where windows decides that im missing a system file, but thank god for duel boot =). Just ranting I really hate windows, microsoft can burn in hell god damnit!

Originally posted by blinkkilla182:

get a g5

WOW, way to post bad advice. Unless you like paying 3x the price for the same damn product, w/ limited software support. I'll pass (and yes I've used your precious Macs....all the more reason I'll never own one).

If you are missing a system file, then obviously something deleted it (you, another program, a virus, etc.). This could happen on most any OS...how it happens is another story.

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

WOW, way to post bad advice. Unless you like paying 3x the price for the same damn product, w/ limited software support. I'll pass (and yes I've used your precious Macs....all the more reason I'll never own one).

If you are missing a system file, then obviously something deleted it (you, another program, a virus, etc.). This could happen on most any OS...how it happens is another story.

wow...

Power PC > x86

true story.

Originally posted by Helicoiled:

wow...

Power PC > x86

true story.

As far as system design and speed goes. Yes

As far as support level, software availability and universal acceptance, NO.

MAC's are a kickass machine, but find me a drag SIM or dyno SIM for a MAC. Show me the ODB II software that runs on OS X so I can tune my LT-1 smile.gif

Yes they are better a better system, and the OS id far more stable than anything from Redmond. But look at your installed base.

They have their niche but that's about it.

Figure a new G-5 runs what, $4000

You can build a pretty badass PC gaming PC for that with a video card that will eat the MAC's for lunch. And you have a better graphics system.

If you want power, you can buy a shitload of old multiprocessor servers from ebay, and build a Beowoulf parallel processing cluster and have WAY more processing power.

Don't get me wrong, MAC is kickass as designs go, they just didn't get on the boat and market the thing right. In the end, GREED killed the MAC, and Apple in general. IBM did the same shit, they got delusional, and it about got them out of the PC market too.

You can grab a G5 from ClubMac with some nice equipement for 1,500$.

You could probably peice one together for 3/4s of the price, You just have to search around atad more.

For running windows software, you could just use Microsoft's Virtual PC, as it allows you to run x86 software on the PowerPC CPU

The only thing screwing you over is downloading illegal software...Bit Torrent doesn't host many MAC files :( Also, their fanbase is realllly small, maybe it has something to do with the wierd mouse they have?

actually amd 64 > * and if you want you can search for any comparison. Windows doesn't fuck up on its own, its a users problem like the above said you did something to cause. Simple solution dont suck at computers. If you want to jump head over heals for macs go ahead they are good machines but when you dont have any software to play with shut your face. Oh yeah you guys know ibm makes the g5 right. just checking.

Originally posted by Drunkendubber:

actually amd 64 > * and if you want you can search for any comparison. Windows doesn't fuck up on its own, its a users problem like the above said you did something to cause. Simple solution dont suck at computers. If you want to jump head over heals for macs go ahead they are good machines but when you dont have any software to play with shut your face. Oh yeah you guys know ibm makes the g5 right. just checking.

Windows doesn't fuck up on it's own? wow.

IBM, Motorola, and Apple all make the PowerPC chipset

Just because the AMD Athalon has a 64 bit data bus does not mean it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. How many cycles does it take to execute an insturction? Mkay.

What really helps the AMD CPU, besides the wider databus, is a shitload of L1 and L2 cache. You would have to get an Xeon or Itanium to match those cache sizes But comparing the AMD64 to the p4 is comparing apples to oranges.

I just hope AMD includes water cooling kits with the AMD 64.

windows > * because of games and various programs out there

mac > * when it comes to visual's, ease of using the system and nifty eye candy things + multimedia stuff.

doing networking with a mac vs windows machine tho is night and day, it's so much easier to do things mac wise, i likea da g4-g5's

T.c.