Someone vandalized my car tonight at Jegs

MrMeanGreen

So, I show up to a packed Jegs at about 11pm and park right in front of the store. After some BSing, a few of us decide to hit Massey's for some food, which is located a few buildings down. Now, I normally leave my hood up as I've done for years, and tonight was no different. We head to Massey's at 11:30 and get some food.

About 12:15, we come back and BS some more with the remaining people since about half the crowd left, and finally call it a night about 12:45. I start up my car to leave, and it sputters at start, and proceeds to idle like it has a much bigger cam. After the initial shock of the idle sound, I notice something else. Ny car no longer whines, like the supercharger has quit working. WTF?

I shut the car off and pop the hood again. I look in and see that my supercharger belt has completely disappeared. Not shredded, not in pieces, not laying in the engine bay or under the car. Gone. I also notice what seems to be small filings like someone sawing through some rubber. In this case, a rubber belt.

I'm not happy, at all. I end up driving the car to my dad's house to take a better look, and indeed the belt is gone and the filings are there.

I call the Reynoldsburg PD and file a report, and they file it as criminal damaging.

Now, something that had hit me when this first happened. When I came back from Massey's, we sat in front of Jegs and BSed. The rest of the CR group came over and someone pointed out to me that while I was gone, someone we all know was poking around under the hood of my car.

The witness will remain anonymous uless they want to idetify themselves in this thread. The person named as poking around under my hood will also remain anonymous since it cannot be proved beyond a reasonable doubt they cut and removed the belt from my car at this point in time.

All in all, this has made me very irate. You'd think people would not stoop low enough to fuck with someone's vehicle. It's very sad that people cannot leave well enough alone. People can't even trust the sanctity of their own property anymore.

If anyone who was out there tonight saw anything, let me know. There's a good idea out there of who did this, but they need to be identified again.

Thanks.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people like that need to be dragged out of their homes and tied to the back of a pickup truck so they can be dragged around for a while. I fucking hate people like that, seriously what kind of a sissy ass coward would pull some shit like that, if someone did that to me and i found out who it was, i swear that as much of a quiet person that I am, that individual would pay a terriable price.

It definately had to be someone you know Anthony. It probably was a few people. Simply for the fact that they proably had a few people keeping you busy while they did it.

You don't mess with another man's ride. That's f'ed up.

Sorry to hear it. :(

We have a good idea of who it was, and this person was spotted around my engine bay for a few minutes while I was at Massey's. They've been under the hood before working on the car awhile ago under a different pretense.

This hasn't gone un-noticed, and the car is no longer In Pieces Still.

Tiss the season. While at NTR yesterday, someone tried to steal my polished bottle from right next to my car. Thanks god Brett was there in his car and stopped the guy. If anyone knows who has a Platium silver new jetta, kinda taller guy with curly hair please let me know. I would like to speak to him.. Anthony, I dont see how someone could of did this. When I showed up to jegs for a min 11.30ish, there was a bunch of people sittin right behind your car on the window ledge of jegs. I would of think they would of saw something if someone tried to do this. Did you ask anyone that was there if they saw anything.

Originally posted by The Vette:

If you even think that it was the person that was with me then you are way wrong.

nobody has accused anyone of anything and your all set to defend him? pretty shady. I'd back way up off that and just stick to the part where your sorry the belt got cut off.