Insurance for winter...

scheetz31

It generally costs more to drop / start a policy then it does to keep it year round. you get discounts for the longer you have had the policy.

By the way, if you have no ins in the winter, what are you going to do if it gets stolen.

We keep it year round. Our plates are valid during the winter months (expires March). Our insurance agent told us that with valid plates you could get that random letter asking for verification of insurance from the state.

+1 on riding during nice days also.

Ummm, how on earth do you all have such inexpensive insurance?? I am 26, no points on my license and use the bike mainly for commuting to work and yet I can't find anything cheaper than $1800 for the year! Granted, I'm not married nor do I have children, but it seems pretty steep.

08 14 and I pay $26/month for 100deductibles Schmuck with 1 ticket on my record.

State Farm goes by cc and not if it's a sportbike or not. Around here they're cheap for me with $100 deductibles which is AWESOME!:cool: Oh yeah, I'm 30 and married. It shouldn't be much more expensive for you on a 600.:dunno:

Comprehensive? Minimum coverage or 50k/100k?

I'm so jealous. Maybe I need to do some more shopping around....

you need to insure your bike AND car with state farm, then its cheap. for just the bike, they quoted me like 1800/yr and im 22 and male with a ticket. with my car they wanted 560 for the same coverage.

I'm with Nationwide. Been with my agent for probably goin' on 20 years now. Started out as just auto.....then 2, then renters + riders, then homeowners, then bike

I keep mine insured year round...The point about the random insurance verification letter is true. Happened to my mother about 8 months ago.

Since it's came up now. I've got Allstate. My bike, car, and house all insured and am only paying maybe $400 a year for the bike with 100/300 coverages.

I'm with Progressive. I dropped all my coverages except comprehensive for the winter months. Knocked my monthlies from 141 to 20$ for the few months I had it garaged.

That's what I say too. Keep the insurance just drop some coverage.

same with me, I pay about $150 for the year. I just keep it insured all year.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm paying 750 a year full coverage 25k medical 500 deductable and thats under my dads progressive company.......no way in heck could I afford insurace under my name I'd be paying half what I paid for my bike in one year :(