RIP nick messmer

evan9381

found out tonight (i know, im a couple days behind) that a guy i went to HS and graduated with died in iraq this weekend. they havent really released any details on what happened.

he was engaged to the police cheifs daughter who i graduated w/ as well. he only had 6-8 weeks left, then he was coming home for good

i guess it really hasnt sunk into me yet. i didnt really hang out with him, but a couple of my buddys were good friends with him. i think the only time we hung out was like 10 people @ his place prom night, but from knowing him from around school, etc, this is just kinda....i dont know. im stunned.

RIP Nick

http://images.ibsys.com/2005/0509/4468060_200X150.jpg

I'm from Gahanna too, and I heard about it. Although I didn't know him or anyone in his family, plus having graduated several years ago, it still hits home. Regardless of if we are in a war zone or not, life is very fragile and we could die at any moment. It was so sad to hear about him dying in Iraq, things like that hit close to home.

Guest sixpackstang
My roomate graduated from Gahanna with Nick and was good friends with him. I met him a few times at parties we had at our place, he was a nice guy. My prayers go out to his friends/family.