my first WERA race!

gixxie750

Just got back from beaver run with 5 other assfaultjunkies. I raced for my first time 5 times this past weekend. On sat i got 16 out of 30 riders and started 30th. Sun was great and i finished 13 and 10th in A superbike/supersport I also did b superbike/supersport and got 11th and 7th! It is allot of fun to finally race and i see more races in my future! If anyone is interested in going racing get ahold of me! My best time at beaver was 1:2.1 and the pros were doing .58 and under so i just need to go down 4 seconds lol.:D

good job man! i did my first race ever at the beav a couple years ago on an sv650. wish i coulda made it there this year, i think i coulda ran in the 58's there with the new setup. oh well though. congrats again.

my wallet and cc are killing me! On top of that i need to re-build all suspension and motoer and need more tires! I think im going to need som sponsers asap! Thanks everyone! The expert guys said my suspension was bouncing all over the track and they think i will be under a min easy if i get that worked out. All i want is 60.00! Maybe next time!

Those Novices in the Min flats were NortH eAST RIDERS.

The experts in the 58s are contingency racers. They only follow money. I see gaige was there so i bet it was a yamaha weekend.

Don't worry about doing motor work till you are top 5 expert. (or top 7 or so 600 expert)

Still 1:02 with you coming from the back is very good

Do i not get points being a prov novice? My name is nowhere on the wera results page. Whats up there? I wrote them,but go no answer please help!

Yes you get points. They havent put up beaver pts yet as i am still leading Formula 1

I didnt ever think i wanted motor work. My motor did need some work,but i just got a new one! Its my shocks now that need the work. Eric Spector said it looked like i was riding a pogo stick when he was followng me and i'm going to get hurt. Do you guys think i can keep riding a 03 gsxr750 and still finish in top five? Everyone at the race weekend said i could never go anywhere on such an "old" bike and i dont understand. I have 3 of these bikes now and am about to race prep 2 of them so dont want to waste $$$$ if i dont have to.

I didnt ever think i wanted motor work. My motor did need some work,but i just got a new one! Its my shocks now that need the work. Eric Spector said it looked like i was riding a pogo stick when he was followng me and i'm going to get hurt. Do you guys think i can keep riding a 03 gsxr750 and still finish in top five? Everyone at the race weekend said i could never go anywhere on such an "old" bike and i dont understand. I have 3 of these bikes now and am about to race prep 2 of them so dont want to waste $$$$ if i dont have to.

I wouldn't take a whole lot of what Spector has to say as gospel... Plus, from what I heard of him at Beaver, I'd look to someone else who can help you there...

As far as the bike goes, look at the laps guys were doing back in 2001-2003 and see if you are hitting those times. The age of the bike isn't a big issue unless you are running the National Challeneg series and want points and money. Otherwise, what you have is fine and can be made into a serious race machine.

Suspension and set-up will get you more results than motorwork, but realize that even with a built motor and having to be under Suzuki Cup rules, I had only 135-ish (Suzuki Cup legal) hp at the ground. A built 2007/2008 ZX6R and R6 will be at 127ish at the ground. Plus, they're lighter and more nimble.

Not to say your bike sucks, but to keep up with the Joneses, you need newer machinery. This year and even next season, I'd stick with what you got...