Please Boycott Kraft Foods!

Avenger1647545502

Kraft Foods has decided to outright terminate at least 15 people from their operation on Alum Creek Drive. On Monday, we were informed upon arriving at work that we would have to go to the Refrigerated warehouse, which is maintained at a temperature of less than 20 degrees. Obviously, people who don't usually work in this environment are not going to be prepared to do so. They don't have the heavy jackets, long underwear, or even gloves.

Today, anyone who wasn't able to work in those conditions was fired. Kraft also decided to break it's contract with their temporary agencies by accusing ALL the temp workers of timeclock fraud.

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by Cone Smasher:

So what your telling me is that because you are not responsible enough to prepare yourself for work.........you want us to boycott a company that provides a quality product at a reasonable cost.

That's lame, remind me to never hire you.

I think what he's saying is that they gave the employees no indication that they'd need this stuff, and then fired them for not having it.

You can't have it both ways. If they told him at least a couple days in advance to have cold weather gear, I understand your point, but it sounds like nobody was told until a few minutes before they needed it.

Yeah, nobody was told until they had already clocked in, which makes it a little late to drive home and get out the parka. It is also stated in the employee manual that KRAFT will provide heavy coats and gloves to any and all associates employed in the reefer. They use the argument that we aren't "employed" there, just working there for one day, which is a BS argument if I ever heard one.

And it turns out that the temps aren't going to be dismissed, Kraft is going to throw every temp onto 3rd shift, with 4 days notice, so that they can "monitor" their activities more closely.

BTW I love KM&C too, but only if I can double the cheese packets up.