Well, we bought a house!

MrMeanGreen

Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

North = higher taxes + higher real estate costs without really gaining anything expect maybe some extra snobby neighbors.

No thanks. I'm going to bet Anthony would agree with that.

Wow, I had no idea you lived up here. Its a nicer area to live in, something you're more inclined to pay extra for as a parent. ;)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by CR Caddy:

Congrats on the house! It's really nice to know that you have your own space, and no one to tell you what you can and can't do to it. I'll help you move, just gimme a little notice so I can make arrangements with the wife and work.

No one except for the gov'!

I forgot to say in my first post to call me when you're doing this Anthony. Little notice would be nice for me too. Weekends are good for me untill late next month!

Guest Elinar Longsight

For those who offered to help us move, which we greatly appreciate, our move date is tenetively set for March 13th. It may be a day before or after that, so the actual date will be posted when we know for sure. Anthony and I looked into professional movers, and while it would save us time on the move, it cost more and I STILL have to do ALL the packing. So, my idea is to have you guys help with the moving and we will provide drinks and food. If anyone has any boxes they can give us, or time to help me pack and clean the old apartment when we move out, that would also be greatly appreciated. I do know that someone has already offered their help with repairs to the walls ie painting over Jordan's artwork, patching holes etc..

Just an FYI, if you volunteer to help, we usually try to get started no later that 10am on moving day. Thanks again to all of those who have offered their help.

Originally posted by Tenzig:

Wow, I had no idea you lived up here. Its a nicer area to live in, something you're more inclined to pay extra for as a parent. ;)

I don't have to live up there. I work in residental areas every day, going into these homes/neighborhoods. I've seen about all of northern Franklin county that there is to see.

Schools/crime rate around here are just fine. There are plenty of nice, higher $$ neighborhoods around here too.

BTW, Worthington, Westerville, Gahanna, Dublin, etc. all have their higher crime areas; none of those areas are perfect by ANY means.

I don't have to live up there. I work in residental areas every day, going into these homes/neighborhoods. I've seen about all of northern Franklin county that there is to see.

Schools/crime rate around here are just fine. There are plenty of nice, higher $$ neighborhoods around here too.

BTW, Worthington, Westerville, Gahanna, Dublin, etc. all have their higher crime areas; none of those areas are perfect by ANY means.

But every one knows that the nicer areas of Dublin, Worthington and Westerville are across Franklin county lines.. For instence Dublin's nicer areas are union or del. counties Westerville and worthington are Del. county also.

[ 02. February 2005, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Wonka ]

Originally posted by Car Enthusiast:

don't call me to help ya move, but i'll watch jordan and alex for the day so they will be out of your hair

*i hate moving, aske marc*

You're willing to watch the kids? graemlins/wtf.gif

My mom has that covered, but you're more than welcome to be the beer bitch or something graemlins/nod.gif

Originally posted by Wonka:

But every one knows that the nicer areas of Dublin, Worthington and Westerville are across Franklin county lines.. For instence Dublin's nicer areas are union or del. counties Westerville and worthington are Del. county also.

Worthington, yes. Dublin, not really; Murfield is all in Franklin. Of the really nice areas, about the only that is in Del. county is Tartan Fields. There are a few outlying areas in Union/Franklin, but nothing real significant. Westerville's nicest areas are split between Franklin/Delaware, so that's a draw.

Worthington, yes. Dublin, not really; Murfield is all in Franklin. Of the really nice areas, about the only that is in Del. county is Tartan Fields. There are a few outlying areas in Union/Franklin, but nothing real significant. Westerville's nicest areas are split between Franklin/Delaware, so that's a draw.

Actually anything north of Glick road is Union county, not to argue but I lived there and my grandmother still lives there. I suppose the houses on the country club are not nice? Tartan Fields > * . Sapper (scott) lives there.

Westerville is not really that nice, My dad lives in the Lakes it's ok I guess, and my sister lives in Medallion both Delaware county. Where are nice homes at south of county line road? (seriouse question as I am not uber framiliar with westerville)

Originally posted by Tenzig:

so then, you're the pitcher and he's the catcher?

No, he's just a lazy worthless pile of shit covered in maggots and all kinds of nastyness.

Basically, he showed up late as hell to help us move smile.gif

-Marc

Originally posted by Wonka:

Westerville is not really that nice, My dad lives in the Lakes it's ok I guess, and my sister lives in Medallion both Delaware county. Where are nice homes at south of county line road? (seriouse question as I am not uber framiliar with westerville)

Most are closer toward Hoover Dam (which makes sense). Overall, Westerville gets nicer the further North and East that you go. Nothing nearly Tartan Fields nice (my g/f watched some spoiled rich kids there for good $$ last summer), but definately some fairly expensive homes.

There are also some homes in very eastern Westerville that most people think is New Albany, but is zoned Franklin County Westerville. All of it is fairly new-build stuff.