DRUNK DRIVER TOTALED MY CRUISER

Sawbinder

IM ALWAYS TELLING EVERYBODY TO BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU ARE OUT PARTYING BECAUSE OF ALL THE DRUNK DRIVERS, YOU DON'T WANT TO GET INTO AN ACCIDENT.

WELL THE DRUNK FOUND ME. graemlins/doh.gif

ON FRIDAY NIGHT A DRUNK DRIVER PULLED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND MY PARTNER AND WE HIT HIM BROADSIDE. HIS SUV WAS TORN UP ON THE PASSENGER SIDE AND THE WHOLE FRONT END OF OUR CRUISER WAS DESTROYED. THANK GOD FOR SEATBELTS AND AIR BAGS. THE CRUISER WAS AN 04 CROWN VIC ONLY HAD 30,000 OR SO MILES ON IT.

SO THE LESSON TO BE LEARNED HERE IS THAT DRUNKS DON'T CARE WHO THEY PULL IN FRONT OF OR WHO THEY HURT FOR ALL HE KNEW HE COULD HAVE HURT A FAMILY INSTEAD OF A COUPLE OF COPS.

MY NEW TARGET NOW IS DRUNK DRIVERS!!!!!!!! IT'S NOW PERSONAL. PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU DRINK AND DON'T DRIVE IF YOU DRINK OR YOU MAY RUN INTO A COP LITERALLY.

IM ALWAYS TELLING EVERYBODY TO BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU ARE TYPING MESSAGES ON MESSAGE BOARDS NOT TO ACCIDENTALLY HIT THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON BECAUSE YOU MAY END UP LOOKING LIKE AN IDIOT.
on a more serious note, im glad youre alright. be careful out there.

can you say where this was at so we know to avoid that area? because of drunks tongue.gif I am glad that it happened to a police cruiser and not a mini-van hauling the kids home.. this way we know he'll get what he deserves and with the brush gaurd and such, the cruiser is more suited to handle that impact.

like DJ said, I'm glad to hear that you're ok! was the DD ok?

Glad to hear you and your partner are ok. I guess if there's going to be an accident with a drunk driver and another car this is the way you'd want it to happen. Now there's no way he can make up a BS story to try and get out of it and a second driver won't get screwed with this on their record.

Again, glad you guys are ok. Throw the book at him.

It also depends on how your individual body metabolizes the alcohol. You may stay drunk far longer than your friend who is identical in weight.

Glad to hear you're okay, that must have been a heck of an accident. Drinking and driving definitely don't mix. :(

Good luck on the hunt. As far as I am concerned, driving while impaired, especially for repeat offenders, should be considered attempted manshaughter, or homoscide. People that make a habit of driving drunk, typically know that what they do can kill. I have NO idea why it is not treated as such.

Thanks for busting my balls on the capital letter thing Orion, it's habit all reports are done in all caps.

The driver got charged with OVI, and turning without safety. This was his 3rd OVI, but the last one was 10 years ago. graemlins/nutkick.gif

The sad thing is that the car was not his and the insurance company just bought the city a new $70,000 cruiser.

The push bumpers took the brunt of the damage but were torn off. Those things are half inch thick steel.

I will give more info on the wreck once I find out when the investigation is over.

Almost forgot the drunk was ok of course, my partner and I went the hospital and got checked out, nothing broken. However I've been off for the last 3 days because of neck and back pains, and a whole lot of stiffness everywhere.