How about them Buckeyes

Buck531

I do wish Herbstreet and Corso would shut the fuck up about the god damned Troy Smith thing and focus on the fact that the Buckeyes RUINED OK state, when they were supposed to win by four points. Last time I checked this was a bowl game, not Trev, Lee, and Kirk's magical fun-filled circlejerk.

Originally posted by Republicant:

I do wish Herbstreet and Corso would shut the fuck up about the god damned Troy Smith thing and focus on the fact that the Buckeyes RUINED OK state, when they were supposed to win by four points. Last time I checked this was a bowl game, not Trev, Lee, and Kirk's magical fun-filled circlejerk.

No shit. I thought they would NEVER shut up about the Marice deal. Then they bring in the Troy smith deal. Jesus. STFU and get back to the GAME!??

It was like they didn't even want to be there annoucing the game.

Nuge has the most field goals in the big ten, and most points scored by a buckeye. what a badass.

Ginn had some awesome runs, i liked the one where he ran back and forth and actually lost 2 yards haha, zwick had an awesome pick on that one, knocked number 97 on his ass!

Zwick played much better injured, but i think if it was a more aggressive defensive line it would have been badnews. I only counted a handful of times zwick actually had the pressure put on.

I was raised an Oklahoma State fan, had the jackets, sweatshirts, collectibles, etc... Moved to Ohio, and stayed an Oklahoma State fan, but became a bit of an Ohio fan. Moved away, really didn't follow college ball much, and then moved back to Columbus, and really got into Ohio State Football. I was really looking forward to this game, and knew that it really didn't matter to me who won, because these are my two favorite teams.

I have to say though, that I was really disappointed with the way the Cowboys allowed the Bucks to completely dominate them like that. I was looking forward to more of a game than this. I loved seeing Ted Ginn Jr. run the ball, and was impressed with Zwick coming in and going to work with a completely different offensive line than he left.

Simple truth is though, Oklahoma beat themselves. Their #1 turnover margin meant nothing last night, and when they got picked off on their first drive, it broke them. You could see it in the way they carried themselves on the sidelines.

Just not the game I was looking forward to.

Glad the hometown boys won though!

Looks like Zwick finally figured out what was wrong with himself, and fixed it. And putting in Ginn as quarterback was brilliant, for times when they just needed to move the ball. Next year they could be switching back and forth between 3 quarterbacks, depending on what they want to accomplish.

Oh, and I think that the reason that Ginn is able to do so well, is that he is able to comprimise very quickly. Instead of sticking to some formation that someone else came up with, he'll go anywhere he needs to to not only get away from the other team, but make large amounts of positive yardage. I remember one run where he went backwards several yards just to find a clearing.

The boy has a talent that very few others have.

Guest stevil

Good game. I wanted the Bucks to win, Nuge to break the OSU scoring record, and Ginn to get a 5th punt return TD. 2 out of 3 isn't bad. Ginn scored as QB which is cool.

OSU coach Jim Tressel revealed that he briefly gave thought to using Nugent as a ball carrier on a fake field goal if need be to get him the record via a touchdown.

“Going into bowl practice, we put in a field goal fake where we would flip it around to him so we could maybe assure ourselves we could get him the seven or eight points he needed,” Tressel said.

That would have been cool. :D I'm sure he'll be a 1st round NFL pick.

Most suprising thing: Ross, where did that come from?! All year he was a big disappointment, but as a senior and for his last game he did very well, he redeemed himself. Along with Joe, we actually had a nice running game for once.

Zwick also surpassed my expectations, and did great for being injured and dropping to his knees after a few plays.

Towards the end the game was boring and one sided though, I enjoyed the Michigan game more.