Settle a dispute

Gergwheel1647545492

OK so rl, myself, and 2 of our friends were sitting around watching tv and rl said that some lady had a nice set of DSL. the whole dispute is weather it is DSL, or DSLs. I believe it is DSLs and rl says it is DSL. please let me know your input so i can hopefully put him to shame.

edited out apostrophes

[ 30. March 2005, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: gergwheel ]

Well if you wanna get into grammar, DSL with an apostrophe S would be entitling ownership to the DSL. So you would then have to say "The DSL'S fur coat attacked me." or such.

So, if anything, I would go with DSL, although my friends and I would say DSLs. But there would be no apostrophe.

Not sure if the apostrophe was in the argument, but it plays a big role.

Guest doggunracing

Does it stand for Dead Sexy Legs? If so, you are defining it as a set of legs, since no one would talk about the individual legs. So you would say DSL. The only way you would make it plural is if you were talking about multiple sets of legs, such as a group of women. Then you would say, "Those are some nice DSLs".

You only use an apostrophe to make numbers, characters or abbreviations with periods, plural. For example, 9's, &'s, and Ph.D.'s. You also should use an apostrophe if the 's' could confuse the meaning, or if the abbreviation ends with a lowercase letter.

Definitely DSLs. If one lip was a good DSL and the other one was not, then you would say "wow look at that DSL." But since I assume both lips were DSLs then you would say DSLs. You don't say "Where's my shoe?" unless you are only looking for one shoe. "Wow look at those shoes" is better than "Wow look at those shoe." "Wow look at those DSLs", "Wow look at THAT DSL."

Originally posted by Tenzig:

if you think that makes you sad, you should see the cougar. ;)

The only way to learn is to do something wrong once. :D

Apparently you are learning, since you managed to make 30 less rwhp then me in the same car on the same dyno 4 years later ;)

Originally posted by rl:

The only way to learn is to do something wrong once. :D

Apparently you are learning, since you managed to make 30 less rwhp then me in the same car on the same dyno 4 years later ;)

I blame the AOD and its baked fluid, along with the fat ass 11.8:1 AFR. All I've actualy done to the car is change the oil once ( year and a half ago), gut it, and run the piss out of it for a day. ;)

I did do something that you never managed to do...I made it competitive somewhere. ;)

1:45 on MidOhios Pro course, That's Z06 territory with 230 rwhp, a 3 speed slipping auto, and open 3:27s buring the inside wheel out of every corner. Gimme a good T5, I'll add my 3:73 track lock and it will shave 5 seconds off that, easily. graemlins/thumb.gif