Get rid of the blower?

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been toying with the idea of a boosted setup but with all the troubles everyone is seeing lately, I think i'd rather just go big cubes and N/A.

I say ditch it. It's nice to have but a pain to get it where you want it.

if it was me id go turbo

you could do the turbotech race kit, but youd have to relocate your AC, and i wouldnt go QMP or a log set up if your planning on making over 700rwhp

fuel set up $1.5K

forged 347 $3k

TTi race kit $8-9k

aftermarked PCM $2.5k

tranny and conv $2k

rear $2k

GVO $2k

total $19-20k

you said you wanted it streetable. so if you do the 406, you need a good set of heads AFR 225's and a mild cam. could make around 480rwhp depending on how big a cam you go (you said you wanted drivabilty) then when funds allow after you get your tranny, rear and suspension get a direct port kit witha stand alone fuel system spraying race gas in it like the big dogs do.

a 250 shot and youd be around 730 rwhp which is enough to put you in the nines.

after you get enough funds after that get the Gearvender overdrive unit.

engine $5k (or you could wait for heads later -2.5k)

tranny and conversion $2k

rear $2k

stage one total $9k

------------------------------

DPN with standalone fuel set up $2k

GVO $2k

total nitrous way about $13k

bling bling...........

its clearly cheaper to do nitrous but better get three bottles

I think it is a great idea! If you find a complete LQ9, hit me up I am interested in one too. Why a LQ9? Why not just a LM4?

Also, are you doing this because some one stole you belt or it slipped off. If it slipped off, look into one of those belt and pully setups with teeth.

Anyways good luck with the project!

Guest stevil
Originally posted by OSoSlow5.0:

jsut get rid of the car all together

+1 Get an LT1, you know you want one! :D

I'd keep the blower... but if you really want to sell it and go with something new, get a turbo kit. :cool: Boost, and no belts to worry about. tongue.gif Get something like Mike has with the CE TA. ;)

Originally posted by turbotalont56:

Good luck finding someone to do the work on that for ya! And to any sucker that gets talked into it--get paid up front! Trust me--good advice smile.gif

Ahhh, but I can do my own work. Plus, reassembing my own vehicle after getting it back from IPS helped too.

And trust me, if needed, I'll take it to someone reputable around here. Not some fly-by-night shop that specializes in fucking people over, especially their "friends" because it's expected for them to take shit and deal with it due to a personal relationship smile.gif

My belt has teeth, so does the pulley. It was removed, not on it's own accord. See my topic in the other section.

Anyways, I've decided to go ahead and keep as-is since I'm already well past the 500+ rwhp mark, with fuel/MAF problems. 10s are right here, and a block can be a project that can be assembled bits at a time (and not by IPS, since the shop owner's little brother likes to interject his mouth since it's currently disengaged from someone's dick).

Thanks for the input, everyone. Two years of boost is hard to part with ;)

Originally posted by N/A Again:

Ahhh, but I can do my own work. Plus, reassembing my own vehicle after getting it back from IPS helped too.

And trust me, if needed, I'll take it to someone reputable around here. Not some fly-by-night shop that specializes in fucking people over, especially their "friends" because it's expected for them to take shit and deal with it due to a personal relationship smile.gif

My belt has teeth, so does the pulley. It was removed, not on it's own accord. See my topic in the other section.

Anyways, I've decided to go ahead and keep as-is since I'm already well past the 500+ rwhp mark, with fuel/MAF problems. 10s are right here, and a block can be a project that can be assembled bits at a time (and not by IPS, since the shop owner's little brother likes to interject his mouth since it's currently disengaged from someone's dick).

Thanks for the input, everyone. Two years of boost is hard to part with ;)

interesting response. we'll see who was right and wrong there...

as for me talking for jeff, that's pretty simple, let him and everyone else from the shop back on here. oh wait, you just might look like a little bitch, again...... damn

interesting response. we'll see who was right and wrong there...

as for me talking for jeff, that's pretty simple, let him and everyone else from the shop back on here. oh wait, you just might look like a little bitch, again...... damn

I'm right, thanks for the concern.

And, you once again show your ridicoulous tendancy for being ignorant on the internet as you are in person. Check this little Mikey Yetzer. I think that retarded crash into your brother's car while street racing jarred something loose.

The only real reason I keep you around is because you honestly provide me with comic relief :D

But I do ask one small request, please learn to use grammar and spelling. Your English is horrendous and really lacks the proper structure to be considered anything less than the ramblings of a half-wit. Thanks!

I'm right, thanks for the concern.

And, you once again show your ridicoulous tendancy for being ignorant on the internet as you are in person. Check this little Mikey Yetzer. I think that retarded crash into your brother's car while street racing jarred something loose.

The only real reason I keep you around is because you honestly provide me with comic relief :D

But I do ask one small request, please learn to use grammar and spelling. Your English is horrendous and really lacks the proper structure to be considered anything less than the ramblings of a half-wit. Thanks!

listen up lunchbox, jeff is banned everywhere. ah shit i didn't capitalize that. i suggest you stop being such a fag and get over it.

moving on, race-club is open to anyone and everyone. since you ban people to save yourself from looking like an ass on a daily basis, go on and sign up over there. posts don't get edited or deleted. it should be fun for the ultimate keyboard warrior.

just be sure and bring your proper english :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ricochet:

Get a $500 CRX, H22 swap, boost 18psi and spray a 100+ shot. It'll be runnin 9's yo, and you won't have to sell shit to pay for gas graemlins/thumb.gif

Don't do it. It's overrated...trust me.

listen up lunchbox, jeff is banned everywhere. ah shit i didn't capitalize that. i suggest you stop being such a fag and get over it.

moving on, race-club is open to anyone and everyone. since you ban people to save yourself from looking like an ass on a daily basis, go on and sign up over there. posts don't get edited or deleted. it should be fun for the ultimate keyboard warrior.

Lunchbox? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now that I have my composure again....

As for romper-room.org, this is me twirling my finger in the air at you.

*whirl whirl*

Lol, you're so entertaining :D

Lunchbox? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now that I have my composure again....

As for romper-room.org, this is me twirling my finger in the air at you.

*whirl whirl*

Lol, you're so entertaining :D

most excercise you've had in years, i sincerely hope you aren't winded

don't be scared, hearing both sides to a story can be a very good thing

most excercise you've had in years, i sincerely hope you aren't winded

don't be scared, hearing both sides to a story can be a very good thing

Lol, your middle school comebacks are great. Did you think of those yourself, or have help?

I'm not scared of the other side of the story. I've made my points, and through unfortunate circumstances for your "group", people are starting to see the truth of what I'd said if they hadn't already. Too bad, Mikey :(

Now, back to our regular scheduled topic theme. You're more than welcome to butcher the English language with me through PM or IM, you have both.

-------------------------------------

So anyways, I'm gonna keep the blower, although an upgrade to the D1SC or D1R is looking tempting.

Ben, what's the other block you're talking about? I was aware of the LQ9 and LQ4, both of which make great stroker engines. I will be utilizing the 6.0L 01-02 heads for the compression drop and flow #s.

Lol, your middle school comebacks are great. Did you think of those yourself, or have help?

I'm not scared of the other side of the story. I've made my points, and through unfortunate circumstances for your "group", people are starting to see the truth of what I'd said if they hadn't already. Too bad, Mikey :(

Now, back to our regular scheduled topic theme. You're more than welcome to butcher the English language with me through PM or IM, you have both.

-------------------------------------

So anyways, I'm gonna keep the blower, although an upgrade to the D1SC or D1R is looking tempting.

Ben, what's the other block you're talking about? I was aware of the LQ9 and LQ4, both of which make great stroker engines. I will be utilizing the 6.0L 01-02 heads for the compression drop and flow #s.

you are a fucking coward. if you had the balls to check out rc you might see that your confidence in people taking your side is not accurate. the only stories people are starting to believe is that all you do is spread lies.

btw, why did you ever take your car to ips to begin with. just curious since you are master mechanic i would have thought that a cam swap would be a cake walk. or maybe its that you are a fat fuck that couldn't turn a wrench to save his life,

just my .02

you are a fucking coward. if you had the balls to check out rc you might see that your confidence in people taking your side is not accurate. the only stories people are starting to believe is that all you do is spread lies.

btw, why did you ever take your car to ips to begin with. just curious since you are master mechanic i would have thought that a cam swap would be a cake walk. or maybe its that you are a fat fuck that couldn't turn a wrench to save his life,

just my .02

Awwww, Mikey, you've hurt my feelings. Did I strike a sore spot in your ego? Could you just not take my sarcastic wit towards you anymore?

I still find you quite humorous. Why would I waste my time on some offshoot reject board like romper-room.org? Do I honestly care what you or your clan say about me? Not really, I get my share of info already and honestly brush it aside, kinda like what I do with you.

So far you've shown me your toddler mentality, and you get an "unacceptable" for the sections marked "follows directions" and "plays well with others". Poor, poor Mikey, I feel really sorry for you. My guess is that you couldn't stay inside the lines while coloring either.

Oh well, I'm fat. Better than being you :D

From the bottom of my black cold heart. FUCK YOU ASSHOLE and your fairy fuckers at RC as well, snob ass Renner, faggot ass Ricky, less than brilliant Brett, basically the fucking lot of you. Open to everyone. Motherfucker, one loosy thread is open, so that all can see the bitching about CR. Fuck you. Open the whole fucking thing up. You piss ant pieces of shit aint got the fucking balls to open up the fuckin site. You know that the shit that you talk is just the same shit that goes on here. Unless of course you JUST sit bitching about Anthony and his fucking blower belt, in which case you fuckers are even a bigger bunch of loosers than anyone gives you credit for. Fuck off asshole. Go fuck Ricky in the ass or something and quit with your bullshit half truth posts here about opening up the RC board. Ya piss ant.

And I gonna tell you something else you little cocksucker, back the fuck off with the fat comments, towards anyone. I am far bigger than Anthony ever thought about being, so you gonna get in my face and call me lunchbox, or fat ass. Do it bitch, we'll see it you will fit in a lunchbox. I don't take kindly to fat comments since I am fat and all. ANd I move quick for a fat man, so your ass better pray your in your fucking car if your gonna make fat comments with me around, but then again, that would just prove what a pussy ass fuck you are.

Originally posted by desperado:

From he bottom of my black cold heart. FUCK YOU ASSHOLE and your fairy fuckers at RC as well, snob ass Renner, faggot ass Ricky, less than brilliant Brett, basically the fucking lot of you. Open to everyone. Motherfucker, one loosy thread is open, so that all can see the bitching about CR. Fuck you. Open the whole fucking thing up. You piss ant pieces of shit aint got the fucking balls to open up the fuckin site. You know that the shit that you talk is just the same shit that goes on here. Unless of course you JUST sit bitching about Anthony and his fucking blower belt, in which case you fuckers are even a bigger bunch of loosers than anyone gives you credit for. Fuck off asshole. Go fuck Ricky in the ass or something and quit with your bullshit half truth posts here about opening up the RC board. Ya piss ant.

Please kill yourself soon. Im sick of reading your ignorant hillbilly ramblings. :rolleyes: