notary?

Guest busteryhyman

Guest busteryhyman
i need a notary...anyone on here one. My brother-in-law gave me his car, but when he sent the title, didnt have it notarized. I have to get tags on this puppy but cant do it without the title of course. he signed it and all, but that's about it

Guest busteryhyman

but i'm sure the actual BMV wont do it without him being there.

i wont see him again for like 2 or 3 months...he mailed the title but he just didnt think to have it notarized

Guest HERWS6
When doing a title, the seller must get it notarized. It is illegal and could cause a notary to lose their commission when notarizing a document without the signer present.

Originally posted by HERWS6:

When doing a title, the seller must get it notarized. It is illegal and could cause a notary to lose their commission when notarizing a document without the signer present.

Speeding is illegal, so is driving with loud music.

That is why he doesn't want to go to the bank and cause them problems. The BMV can be pretty anal, they actually took a title away from me because it was a duplicate, she would only make a copy and say that the seller had to get a new one and get it notarized. Also, for goodness sake it is his brother, not like he stole it or something.