keggerator

Adam

Guest NewOldSkool

For a single keg, it's a really simple setup. You can buy them locally, I used to get them for parties all the time from a company in the south side of Columbus. I think these are the people I used to get mine from:

AGA Gas Inc-Member of the Linde Gas Group

450 Greenlawn Avenue, Columbus, OH 43223

(614) 443-7487

They should be able to get you all setup.

Another Local...

http://www.geergas.com/prodlist.htm

2829 Ingleside Avenue, Columbus, OH 43201

(614) 464-4277

and

http://www.delille.com

772 Marion Road, Columbus, OH 43207

and

Praxair Distribution CO

876 South Front Street, Columbus, OH 43206

(614) 443-7687

There's only a few parts that you'll need really, a couple of hoses, a couple of fittings (one for the keg to the bottle and to the tap), a gauge and bottle (which you can "rent" from them, exchange it when you need to, no need to really buy one when all you need is a full one), and the tap of course....and you're there man.

Good Luck!

yeah man piecing it together online is your best bet. but i would get your air tank at geer gas. they arent too expensive. but you need air hoses, the tap that connects to the keg. and your dispenser tap you could rig it if you wanted. everything you buy is important though. get the wrong lines and they'll rot, or foam your beer. bet the wrong keg tap (there are numerous sizes) and you'll limit your keg type. 1st be absolutely sure that you have a fridge big enough to fit a keg and an air tank or at least have enough space to fit an air tank outside of the fridge.

Kyel G.

Kyle G.

sankey ball tap is your best bet for common beers (anheiser busch, coors)

prong tap for ginsee ale and some imports

if one was so inclined to do a ghetto riggin, get the tap and the spiggot from the distributor. co2 tank, well, look around, there is bound to be one that fell out of the back of a 7-11 somewhere. pressure regulator, if someone has an oxygen acetyline torch laying around that can be parted..... make sure you grab the oxygen regulator, it has right hand threads that mate to most common co2 tanks. the acytelyne regulator has left hand threads

about 4-7 psi on the output of the regulator for most beers, depending on the length of line the beer has to travel, and its tendancy to foam.