Need for speed underground 2

Veritas

Ala Ricer's Paradise.

I thought the game would be more lame then the first, but they really did step it up as far as tweaking your car out compared to the first one, game even has a dyno on it. IT's funny tho you can get even more riced out then the first one or you can keep your car performance based. Pretty sweet, anyone else here obtained it yet?

I bought it today. I havent even really broken ground into the game yet and i all ready have mixed opinions.

The cars realism as far as handeling and drivability is all graemlins/thumb.gif

The difficlty of the opponents in the very begining is a big graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

I picked the Miata for my first car because it did so well in the first game, but in this game its almost immposible to beat the begining opponents with it. IMO, they are too difficult for stock vehicals... at least for the measly miata.

After 15min of gameplay, the only thing that keeps me playing is the fact that i spent $66 on it and the book.

So far, my feelings for it are graemlins/gives.gif

Originally posted by Orion:

no offense dude, but you need to work on your skills. i had no issues beating the early opponents wit my stock 240sx.

i have it for my pc, and i really like it. th city is huge, and the outrun races are a blast.

I was refering to the outrun races, not the drag, racer X and all that. Those are easy, but i thought the random outruns should have been givin a difficulty based on your current car, not a set difficulty.

Originally posted by Veritas:

Ala Ricer's Paradise.

I thought the game would be more lame then the first, but they really did step it up as far as tweaking your car out compared to the first one, game even has a dyno on it. IT's funny tho you can get even more riced out then the first one or you can keep your car performance based. Pretty sweet, anyone else here obtained it yet?

If you liked Need For Speed Underground and Underground 2 rent Street Racing Syndacite is a decent game it allows you to drive around and pick the people you race by performance mods allows ou to have multiple vehicles and allows you to dyno tune your car

Originally posted by StreetRacer434:

If you liked Need For Speed Underground and Underground 2 rent Street Racing Syndacite is a decent game it allows you to drive around and pick the people you race by performance mods allows ou to have multiple vehicles and allows you to dyno tune your car

I thought SRS sucked really bad. The handling sucked and it isnt even close to as good as NFSU. Just my opinion though.

Underground 2 rocks.

My 240 runs 12's and the outruns are serioulsy a blast.

Also have a pug 206 that traps 118's

smile.gif

Jerrad..thanks for the heads up on this game

I went home and "acquired it" that night.

I've been playing it non-stop since.

the drifting tracks are fun as hell too!

I liked the realism with regards to handling when it came to the Neon in the first game. I did really well with it being stock because I just decided to do what I do with my real Neon in the NFS:U game. Want quicker/tighter/more responsive cornering? Use the brake lightly while still pressing on the gas to compensate for the understeer. The NFS:U Neon also can power slide *exactly* like my Neon does (well, like it did before it got busted up). Basically, if it worked in my car, it worked the same way in the game. They did their homework. :D

[ 17. November 2004, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Kuruma ]

yea its got a Hachi in it. It also has an Escalade, a Navigator, and a H2... These are actully pretty fun drive. Its like trying to autoX a train.

Because ive been working with engines for a little over a decade, sounds are a big thing for me. I pay attention to what things sound like just because it really is pleasing to listen too for me. At first I thought the sound of base miata was good. Very muffled, high strung... your normal DOHC 1.8L. After the exhaust work, it sounded even better. Like a Miata would.

I messed with the Evo next. Again, stock, sounded right. Modded, sounded great. Sweet right? Negative.

Next the GTO. Stock... it was off. Sounded like a halfassed piped 305. Not cool. Modded... X-piped 281. This cars sound is just out in left field... doesnt match.

Next the Escalade. Stock... sounds like maybe an old Z28... again, no match. Once modded... Small block 400 all over it.

I just dont understand where they got these sounds from. Well not where there from, but why they matched them to the cars that they did. It makes gameplay almost distracting.

• 2 weeks later...