movie review: Open Water

street pilot

It was friggin lame, IMO. No climax, and no action. It is labeled a "thriller," which couldn't be farther from the truth.

A waste of $5 and a waste of an hour and 19 minutes.

It is an independent film, and that was obvious. The camera work sucked, and 50% of the movie was out of focus.

I give it 1 out of 5 stars only because it is based on true events. How much so I am not sure though. I have no idea how it got such good ratings from critics.

If you never see it, you are missing absolutely nothing. I am just trying to prevent everyone else from wasting their cash. redface.gif:(

I was talking to someone at work about this. I've seen the trailer a few times and every time I have a short conversation with whomever I'm at the movie with about it, about how much it was going to suck. How in the hell can you make a movie about two people floating in the Ocean for 1 hour and 19 minutes, they are just floating there?! I would guess damn near an hour of that movie is them floating there, worst premise for a movie ever. Seriously, I hope you only went to this because someone else wanted to and you weren’t genuinely interested after seeing the previews.

Maybe if you were afraid of sharks it might hold your interest for 10 minutes out of the movie when the sharks come around (just assuming what happens).

Side note, I'm a really easy to please movie watcher, if you see me bash a movie on here, it is/I think it will be that bad.

Originally posted by Neo:

I was talking to someone at work about this. I've seen the trailer a few times and every time I have a short conversation with whomever I'm at the movie with about it, about how much it was going to suck. How in the hell can you make a movie about two people floating in the Ocean for 1 hour and 19 minutes, they are just floating there?! I would guess damn near an hour of that movie is them floating there, worst premise for a movie ever. Seriously, I hope you only went to this because someone else wanted to and you weren’t genuinely interested after seeing the previews.

well, I think the possibility is there...

I really enjoyed "phone booth" and "cast away" both of which focus on a tiny scene. Also, open water is just over an hour, and I think it could be made interesting for that ammount of time. tongue.gif