Movies Involving Automotive Enthusiasts

Tulo

It's that time of the year again... I need some help thinking of sources for my final english paper. The topic I chose is "Identity construction of automotive enthusiasts in films". What I will be doing is contrasting the identities of the characters in movies like The Fast and the Furious and Gone in 60 Seconds. Those two movies are my main primary sources, but it would help to have more. Preferably extreme identities such as "ricer douche bags" or "fat old bald guys that drive corvettes". Any suggestions? Thanks. -JP

Originally posted by Mud Butt:

corvette summer

mark hammel's (sp?) best movie, followed closely by that sci-fi flick that made a few bucks, what is it called again . . .

that movies truely shows how far a guy will go for the car he loves.

Guest stevil
Two Lane Blacktop.. the GTO driver is a great character you might like, sort of like a Vette stereotype. The guy buys a brand new bad ass yellow GTO, but is totally clueless about cars. It's all for his image, he tries so hard to be hip.

• 3 weeks later...

Please do CART fans a favor and NEVER watch Driven. graemlins/nonono.gif

Originally posted by Dirty Old Mopar:

if you want to find a GOOD movie, there's always Bullitt

Not an automotive movie, its a detective flick with a famous car chase. Steve maquene is in other good motoring flicks like Le Mans, and a breef feature in the Bruce Brown flick, On Any Sunday. This is a good period peice from back in the day, see also The Speed Merchants.

For a bad movie, Deathrace 2000. graemlins/thumb.gif

For a more contemporary influence, seek ye Initial D. White Zombie's "Black Sunshine" is a sweet song, despite being about a mustang.

I turned the paper in yesterday. Thanks for all the replies.

Originally posted by John D’Agostino:

zach told me you found a sweet ass essay website, why are you writing this redface.gif

I prefer the honest route ;) . Plus I didn't feel like shelling out $30.