Free Phone from Sprint..

Buck531

I think I was sparked by Vinny's thread about losing the lan line. Here's my question.

I called Sprint to cancel Vision. Dont' need it. waste of $15 a month. They said I can get a FREE phone, and piggy back my line for only $20 a month. right now i have like 350 minutes. The new plan would be up to 500 minutes. I don't use my cell that much so my wife carries it most of the time. But there are times that I could use one.

So.. an extra $20 a month gets me another cell phone, added to my existing Sprint account, and adding a good 150 minutes to the plan. Sound like a good idea?

I also get %20 discount from work as well. Right now I think i pay $35 or so a month for the one phone (without the discount) and that's 350 minutes. hot damn. just did the math. I'd be paying "about" $45 bucks a month. That's basically 10 bucks for a new phone.

Well.. I went with the same package basically Vinny went with

Sprint PCS

800 anytime split between my phone and my wife's

Unl. PCS to PCS calls

Unl. Night/Weekends 7p-7a

Unl. long distance / roaming

Unl. Ready-link (Sprint's version of Nextel's walky-talky deal).

Voicemail,call-waiting, etc (the usual freebies)

$80 a month - $20(25%) for Children's hospital discount.

$60+tax total. That's almost exactly what I was paying for her cell+land line.

I didn't get the walky talky thing.

My night and weekends start at 9 pm though. But with 800 minutes, that shouldn't matter.

800 minutes

Still got the land line though. Maybe some day we'll cancel it.

Originally posted by GSRchick714:

Nice of you to give the shitty phone to your wife.. graemlins/nonono.gif

Anyways...do you like Sprint? I've heard sooo many bad things about them...

I call it shitty cause it's not a flip phone. It's a PITA to use. Btw, it's ONLY about 7 months old. I got it back in Julyish. It's not old.

Originally posted by Buck531:

I call it shitty cause it's not a flip phone. It's a PITA to use. Btw, it's ONLY about 7 months old. I got it back in Julyish. It's not old.

I wanted to buy the top-of-the-line flipphone, and the salesman talked me out of it for a MUCH cheeper non-flip phone. He said the standard phones had A LOT more options than the same-priced flip phones.