possibly going out of business

xTHExBOSSx46

hey guys and girls of columbus racing. my store is running into a lack of business and we are having to shorten hours and cut payroll by more then half. and possibly looking at going out of business soon. its zettler ace hardware at the corner smokey row and hard rd. if you guys happen to live in that area i was wandering if you would make it a point to stop in our store first rather than andersons or lowes or hardwares of that nature. i am personally offering a 25% minimum discount on all itmes in the store. depending on the item i can offer more. i work on tuesdays 4-8pm and some saturdays 10am-4pm. just call and ask for me Dave Litteral. and just tell me your from CR and the discount is your. make sure you specificly ask for me. almost anything you need we have it with the exception of lumber. so just call and ask for me 614-792-7909. thank you for any support or continued support smile.gif

I live on hard road, and never even think about that place. Sadly, I'm sure I'm not the only one, and that's the reason for lack of business. Sucks dude, I'll definately keep you guys in mind.

What are your new store hours?

i am posting from work. our new hours are 9am-8pm m-f saturday 10-6 and sunday 11-5. yea it kinda sux. and if you look at the top of the building it doesnt say ACE anymore because we couldnt afford to pay the national advertising fee so the home office made us take it down and we cant wear anything that displays the name. we still sell ACE products and all and can order from the ware house though. im obvoisly not the owner but simply one of the sales associates just trying to bring more business in to a once thriving store. just hit us up lol thanks guys

I am not sure about your store but the one in whitehall is "my last stop store" since the employeyes seem bothered and the hardware prices are WAY high. The only time I go there is when I am backed to the wall and need to get a customers car done and need a _________ bolt to do it.

The reason I say this is so you can look at your store and make sure that these problems aren't in your store.

ace is a franchise and whitehall isnt associated with us. we dont have those problems. high prices come with a convieniece store. hence my discount im giving everyone of at least 25% pending the item. all im saying is if you want go to the other stores but if its a day i work that you need something hit me up at work and ask for me. youll get it cheaper then the other place cause ill hook you up. yes we will still make money from it but it brings in business. you help me by shopping there ill help you by getting you the item stupid cheap if i have to. its a win win. thats all im saying. im not asking why ppl dont shop there ir nething like that. im trying to attract business so we stay in business and i still have a job, and im trying to hook up some cr memebers. if u want a rachet set insanly cheap with a lifetime warrenty. call me if not fine no harm no foul. as far as inventory. we dont do home decorating, lumber, or doors. cleaning supplys yes along with paint hardware paper towels and all that stupid stuff. and everything else u can think of. just call and be like do u have it....... is dave there......ok ill see ya in a few. if you still dont wanna shop there no offense taken. im just saying ill get it to you cheaper without you having to fight sawmill rd. smile.gif

Guest mithesaint
Actually, to get to hard road, I have to fight sawmill. So, yeah. I'll just go to the home depot that's damn near in walking distance on sawmill.

Originally posted by RX7dood:

god damn people just take it as a rebate if you want to bitch and moan just don't fucking go.

fuckin' A.

thank you. someone sees it my way. anyways. if you want the discount pm me or call. i would apriciate it if this thread was locked. to many unneeded comments.

Guest powers

I shop there sometimes. I tend to avoid harware store due to restricted hours of operation and price. You have the price thing covered.

Is this discount available on tools and such?

discount on everything. including grills. grills though however i can give no better than 25% off which is my discount.PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A STORE WIDE SALE. simply if im working i give you my discount. no other employees are doing this. anything else is 30% or more pending item. unfortunatly i cant do anything about the hours smile.gif

[ 30. July 2005, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: SilverPonyGT ]

Damn, I really like Zettlers. They have a really nice selection of car cleaning products, probably the best I've seen anywhere in the city. I'll stop by if I can, but it's kind of out of the way for me. Good luck with the sale, though.

Originally posted by ( . Y . ):

how comperable are you to Home Depot or whatnot?

with a 25% discount on everything, i'd say their prices would be better than national chains.

I live off hard and pass by your work everyday. Doesn't the new restaurant next to you bring in any new buisness at least?

um they bring in a little business for us but not enought o make a difference. they are having a hard time too. everything that seems to go in there has bad luck. remmebr grandmas pizza? they had great pizza imo. but they went quick. and seriously how could i forget about the car cleaning prodcuts. the reason we have all that is because the managers are corvette nuts. so meguirs everything. turttle wax. anything pretty much you name it. but please remember this is NOT a sale. if you go in when im not there and ask for my discount more then likly im gunna get in trouble. i have been talking to the manager about giving strictly CR a discount no metter if im there or not and hes concidering it. but for the time being you can only get 25% or more off if im there. just call first. i work tuesdays and saturdays. thanks again guys