So I was yelled at by a mentally handicapped person this evening........

Nitrousbird

Trevor and I decided to take the 69 Firebird out to go see a movie at Easton (Collateral, decent flick). Of course to get up to the theater after buying tickets, you have to ride the escalator. One goes up, one goes down.

I decide to run up the one that goes down. As I finally get to the top, Trevor and I go to where the person takes your ticket.

As you may know, when Easton AMC isn’t busy, they have mentally handicapped people take the tickets. Well, this lady was by far no exception to that rule. She takes Trevor’s ticket first, and tells him where the theater is. Then she takes mine. She starts telling me that I can’t walk up the escalator like that (well, I just assumed that is what she was saying by the urgency in her voice and the word fragment or two I could make out).

Now the 3 people sitting in the open booth next to the escalators never said anything to me. I decided then and there that I have to draw the line at being educated on the rules of escalators by a retarded person. She hands me my ticket stub while she was still getting after me……..and we just walked away. She didn’t yell for us to come back or anything like that, so I must not have pissed her off.

Cruel, maybe, but I have to draw the line somewhere. Then I got to thinking…..I’ve never had a retarded (mentally handicapped, or whatever PC term you want) person yell at me. I guess interesting things can happen when you see a movie. :D

This person being mentally handicapped has nothing to do with your post, unless you are feeling embarrassed about what happened. The story could read as follows:

"I went to Easton to see a movie. I ran up the incorrect escalator, and the person taking my ticket did not approve. She let me know as much, and we went on our way."

I don't see what she did wrong. A mentally handicapped person contributing to society, earning a paycheck (could be supporting herself rather than on government subsidies), and someone is complaining about it? Come on now, look at it differently, admit that you were wrong, and that's that.

Originally posted by Mensan:

This person being mentally handicapped has nothing to do with your post, unless you are feeling embarrassed about what happened. The story could read as follows:

"I went to Easton to see a movie. I ran up the incorrect escalator, and the person taking my ticket did not approve. She let me know as much, and we went on our way."

I don't see what she did wrong. A mentally handicapped person contributing to society, earning a paycheck (could be supporting herself rather than on government subsidies), and someone is complaining about it? Come on now, look at it differently, admit that you were wrong, and that's that.

I think the person being mentally handicapped had a lot to do with his post. The title of his thread, if I'm not mistaken, was "So I was yelled at by a mentally handicapped person this evening..."

I'm assuming just from the sincerity in your post that either a family remember is mentally challenged or that you feel very strongly for equal rights or something along those lines and that's all fine and dandy. The point is had it been a normal person ripping his ticket and giving him a hard time about the escalator, it would be one thing. The fact that it was a mentally retarded person (probably the older white lady I see there all the time) made it that much more out-of-the-ordinary. I seriously doubt Joe had/has any harsh feelings towards any handicap people. She didn't do anything wrong, and it wasn't about her doing anything wrong, just the fact she's MC and she yelled at him, which is pretty humorous. And besides, if his post read how you typed it, it would have probably gotten a shitload of graemlins/gives.gif 's, but the MC lady was the "Sixth Sense twist" so to speak. So just relax a bit, Eli.

Originally posted by Mensan:

I think it had alot to do with the post too. Not only did Joe do something stupid, but he was caught, yelled at for it, and by somebody mentally handicapped. That's like a 4 year old spotting you park in a handicapped spot or fire lane to run into a store, and telling you it's wrong and to move your car! :D Her being mentally handicapped adds to the ownage, because like Dave said: Even retards know not to walk up the down escalator! Joe's only option was to walk away, because he was dumbfounded and couldn't match wits with the lady to argue. :D

i think the regular stupid acne filled high schooler, or college kid trying to make a buck wouldn't have said shit.

After taking my part of the stub back i would have ran down the up escalator then back up the down, just to piss them off (retarded or not)

maybe even a couple times, cuz i'm a dick like that.

joe > adult that te[/b]h orge.

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy:

Her being mentally handicapped adds to the ownage, because like Dave said: Even retards know not to walk up the down escalator! Joe's only option was to walk away, because he was dumbfounded and couldn't match wits with the lady to argue. :D

I agree with that Mentally handicapped ticket collector>N20Bird

haha Joe got school by a MHR

were i work at they hire a few "not quite right" people, aka crazy, these people are, as i work with them.

some people pick on them, alot of times becasue they set them self up for it.

But the funniest thing i ever heard this MH guy say was when this redneck was really picking on him,

He told him "I might be a retard but at least i'm not an @sshole" the other guy never lived that down.

some of the other crazy people i work with are quiet and fine one second, then the'll snap start throwing parts, cussing up a storm, throwing punches, they really are crazy.

The only thing that pisses me off is that companies dont pay them as much as they do the normal emploies. companies typically pay them about $2 less an hour. They do about the same jobs as anyone else there and are making less, thats not right. Only thing is the goverment takes out less taxes, but i dont think that overall its the same pay.

If they are to be treated equal, they should get paid the same and people should stop babing them,

If one of those guys is acting like a baby, ill tell them to shut up and stop acting like a baby, ussauly it does nothing and they just throw a temper tantrum.

Jesus, you people read into things much??

I haven't ran up the escalator backwards since I was young (and got yelled at by my mom back then). I figured why not, relive childhood memories. I'm not hurting anyone, damaging anything, etc. The place was freaking empty, so no one was going down. Geesh.

Had a non-MHC person yelled at me, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. My whole reason for posting is I've never had a MH person scold me. Male, female, black, white, purple, green, children, etc. yes.....but never a mentally handicapped person. I never said she didn't have a right to work there.

Think of it like a foreign person that can't speak a lick of english yelling at you...it's just funny, because you can't understand a word they are saying, but know why they are yelling at you. :D

Since Trevor drove and he asked if I wanted to go see a movie, wouldn't that be him taking ME to the movies??

Besides,

- My girlfriend of 2 years doesn't like going to action movies

- My girlfriend REALLY doesn't like me taking other women to the movies

- Trevor gives nice back rubs

So what's the problem??

Guest riggs867
Originally posted by Nitrousbird:

Since Trevor drove and he asked if I wanted to go see a movie, wouldn't that be him taking ME to the movies??

Besides,

- My girlfriend of 2 years doesn't like going to action movies

- My girlfriend REALLY doesn't like me taking other women to the movies

- Trevor gives nice back rubs

So what's the problem??

So you rode biotch then? Are you always the catcher, or do you take turns? :D