About to quit my Job...

iwishiwascool

I did that a few years ago.. My position got moved to cincinnati so they just had me do all teh office gopher work.. I applied for a web designer job since I had a degree in web development.. After the run around for 4-5 weeks, they hired a girl with ZERO experience or any knowledge about the web so I got up and walked out that day. My guess was that the whole IT department was all guys (about 30) and this mail room girl was hot with big tits.

Im not mad about anything other than the usual coporate middle management frustration...

I actually just got a $4000 raise in my salary 3 weeks ago.

But.

I got a better offer with a better company.

I havent broken the news to the current boss yet as he has been avoiding me all day knowing that something is up.

Good times.

Guest infamous me 235
Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

No degrees here.

Just sales experience and connections.

Originally posted by 99blownyellowgt:

How do you find these jobs? I wanna quit my job too.2 degrees and i cant find shit.

It's not what you know, it's who you know

Originally posted by Two Fifty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 99blownyellowgt:

How do you find these jobs? I wanna quit my job too.2 degrees and i cant find shit.

It's not what you know, it's who you blow</font>fixed

It is done. It went very smoothly. The boss took it exceptionally well and offered an open invitation to return if things don’t work out, a demand to keep in touch, and a sigh. I told him I would give the proper 2 week etiquette and he accepted.

That's a wieght off my back.

Originally posted by Akula:

I just moved back to MCI after 2.5 years of various other stuff. Took a couple of people with me, my old employer is kinda screwed.

One of my co-worker just went back.

Originally posted by Two Fifty:

It's not what you know, it's who you know

Bullshit. It's about what you know, not how many degrees you have or who you know. That person you know might get you an interview or even hire you. But if you can't do the job, they'll find someone who can. And all college degrees show employers is that you spent some money and put in the time and effort required for a degree. I have a college degree, yet I have never gone to an interview where they ask me about my degree and what I did in college. All they care about is what I know and what I can bring to the table. A college degree can only really get you in the door for entry level jobs, unless you have a MBA, PHD, etc.. Beyond that, it's what you learn and how you apply yourself that mean the difference in how far you go and what you do. My career has never been about who I know and what they did for me. My $0.02... graemlins/nod.gif

Originally posted by Wease:

Bullshit. It's about what you know, not how many degrees you have or who you know. That person you know might get you an interview or even hire you. But if you can't do the job, they'll find someone who can. And all college degrees show employers is that you spent some money and put in the time and effort required for a degree. I have a college degree, yet I have never gone to an interview where they ask me about my degree and what I did in college. All they care about is what I know and what I can bring to the table. A college degree can only really get you in the door for entry level jobs, unless you have a MBA, PHD, etc.. Beyond that, it's what you learn and how you apply yourself that mean the difference in how far you go and what you do. My career has never been about who I know and what they did for me. My $0.02... graemlins/nod.gif

he speaks the truth,but who you know can get you an edge when competing with people with similiar backgrounds.

I had my yearly review yesterday (Friday). I work for Limited Brands (ie.. Victoria's Secret)as a Supervisor in theit IT Dept. anyway... I got a GREAT review, but due to company budget cuts, I'm only getting a cost of living raise... My Boss thought I'd be pissed off, but I think what blew him away was when I said... "I am just greatful to have a job that I enjoy doing and that I get paid well to do it". He wasn't expecting that. But it's true. I have a high school education with 4 years military experience (USMC) and get I get paid well. The average IT Supervisor make anywhere between 50,000 & 75,000 a year. It would not benefit me right now if I had a degree.. maybe in a few years if I want to move up the corporate ladder.. but I'm happy where I am right now.

I have been looking for a job for over two years now. I have a bs in communications. I am trying to change fields though so it is difficult for me. Something I have learned in my search is that it's not about your educations, it's about experience. If you don't have hands on experience, you don't get the job. I think who you know had A LOT to do with it. But they can only get you in the door, you have to be able to sell youself to the employer.