Superglue > Ben

Casper

Originally posted by burgels™:

How?.....why?......

The cap was stuck. Tried to get it loose with my teeth. Ended up puncturing the cap and shooting half the damn tube of superglue into my mouth and down my throat. As soon as it happened I was, "I'm a stupid motherfucker".

To top things off, I ended up superglueing my thumb and fore-finger together also. I ripped the skin pulling them apart. Buwahahaha.

I get the dumbass of the year award without a doubt.

Dumbass, any idea what is in superglue? I figure not. So let me inform you. Cyanide. Yes, the same stuff that the Russian spies carried to kill themselves with if they get caught and in gas form the stuff that some of our most productive citizens have been put to death with in the gas chamber.

SuperGlue, cyanoacrylate (C5H5NO2, for you chemistry buffs). is a mixture of acrylic and cyanide. Whats more if you either ingest it or heat it to tempatures above 350 degrees (I believe, temp may be a bit different but that's close) it WILL break down into its' base componets, now putting acrylic in your mouth is not a real genius thing to do. It will not earn you a Darwin award. Putting cyanide in your mouth however WILL get you a Darwin rather quickly.

I used superglue a great deal when I was working with radio controlled cars, and there were MANY mentions of how dangerous the stuff was if you did certain things with it, like heating something that had been glued, with a heat knife or soldering iron. Something that I have experienced, and if you can get past the fact that it takes your breath quickly, it will also burn the shit out of your eyes. But I NEVER glued my mouth shut with the stuff.

SO, let me know if you are still around in a couple of days, and if I don't hear from you, I will figure that I need to nominate you for the Darwin Awards.

Guest FBody Addict

i hate to say i glued half my mouth shut doing the same thing, come on, someone else has done it too

come on

fess up

the worst was working construction and leaning against a wall with some incredibly strong epoxy on it for a shower surround and having to cut my carhartt coat off of it. i was pissed, thats an expensive coat

Seeing as how cyanoacrylate has been used as a surgical adhesive, and that no matter how hot Ben thinks he is, I doubt that his body temperature ever remotely approaches 350 degrees, I'd venture to guess that he is safe from death anytime soon. ;)

The tragic part of this is, Ben glued his mouth shut and no one has it on video. lol

Guest Ranger_Man
Originally posted by desperado:

Dumbass, any idea what is in superglue? I figure not. So let me inform you. Cyanide. Yes, the same stuff that the Russian spies carried to kill themselves with if they get caught and in gas form the stuff that some of our most productive citizens have been put to death with in the gas chamber.

SuperGlue, cyanoacrylate (C5H5NO2, for you chemistry buffs). is a mixture of acrylic and cyanide. Whats more if you either ingest it or heat it to tempatures above 350 degrees (I believe, temp may be a bit different but that's close) it WILL break down into its' base componets, now putting acrylic in your mouth is not a real genius thing to do. It will not earn you a Darwin award. Putting cyanide in your mouth however WILL get you a Darwin rather quickly.

I used superglue a great deal when I was working with radio controlled cars, and there were MANY mentions of how dangerous the stuff was if you did certain things with it, like heating something that had been glued, with a heat knife or soldering iron. Something that I have experienced, and if you can get past the fact that it takes your breath quickly, it will also burn the shit out of your eyes. But I NEVER glued my mouth shut with the stuff.

SO, let me know if you are still around in a couple of days, and if I don't hear from you, I will figure that I need to nominate you for the Darwin Awards.

do you honestly think that ben is going to heat his mouth to 250 degrees? no one really cares whats in superglue, it works and its safe to use. safe even when you glue your mouth shut.

Truthfully, I have a tube of Crazy Glue at my office desk right now. Reason? INSTANTLY seals up a nasty papercut.

Nu-Skin is the same exact thing but in a less volatile formula. I wouldn't suck down a tube, but for small (even deep) cuts I use it to bond the skin and keep on trucking. Works like a charm.