question

alibies

ive had 1 accident (wiped clean from record) 1 ticket for no seat belt and a newly awarded ticket for speeding... it was a 76 in a 55 the cop was real nice and said that hed make a note that i was cooperative and nice it was in knox county... anyone have an idea of what i might get?

Originally posted by Ricochet:

5 years

thank you for being so serious...

Originally posted by DropTop:

Might get.....? you mean insurance quotes? amount of the fine? On a related note, the cop could have cited you for wreckless operation for going more than 20 over.

he didnt cite me for wreckless op ... im just wounderin what the punishment could be... like no license...? what ya think?

there's no way any prior ticket is wiped off your record with you only being 17, tickets last for 2 years at the bmv, i heard they are going to up it to 3, and the insurance keeps track for 3 years anyways, so i wouldn't be surprised if you aren't driving for a little bit

Guest jpurdy2003
Originally posted by alibies:

i thought the penalty for over the speed limit by 20 mph was worse than 6 weeks...

god i hope not

It depends on if the officer decides to cite you for reckless op. It looks like he didn't. Worst-case scenario: you bum rides from your friends for a couple of weeks and pay a fine that will probably be between $50-$200. Juveniles are often fined less than grown folks, and sometimes are given the option of community service (I paid my ticket in high school by donating 60 cans of green beans to the food bank). Since you are a juvenile, you'll probably have to go to family/juvenile court. Also, if you are polite in court and don't say anything stupid, they'll probably take it off your motor vehicle record when you're 18 if you don't get another ticket by then. Keep in mind that this is just my personal experience in northeast ohio, and may not apply in Knox County.

Guest tbirdchick
i got a speeding ticket for the first time on 104 by Ross Co. Fairgrounds, i was at that gas station out of my car heading into the store and the cop told me to stop where i was going and he needed to speak with me. Said i was going 68 in a 55 and wanted my shit to write me a ticket! I was out of my damn car before he even got to the gas station's parking lot! he told me if i didn't do as he asked he was going to take me in. 90 damn bucks! couldn't fight the damn thing because court date was the same day i had exams!

geesh cops can be somethin else... i think im gona ask for prevleges because i have 2 jobs... 1 at polaris and one in centerburg... wiring up emergency vehicles non the less... if you ever see a cop car in genoa twnship i probably helped wire it up