need j.o.b.!!

ninjachk08

well.. what a day! this is a continuation from when i needed someone to go ride with.. cuz i left work early. well, long story and im not gonna get into it...but.. i was forced to resign from my job today.. she(my boss) let me have that option cuz she said it would look better and she wouldnt have to tell state and have this put on my record. so i agreed to resigning...

so... who's hiring?? anyone know where i can get a good payin job around here??

im done! i give up!! i cant do this anymore.. its time i join the air force!

just wanted to rant.. im upset.

i have a second job to fall back on for now, but the whole reason i got a diff job was cuz i hated the one i was at.. and now i have to go back to that hell hole!

yea...all the time.. i hate it here! lol

i really dont want another nursing job..i want a desk job.. m-f

You dont want a desk job they get old real quick..... I've been looking at joining the navy for diving school after my company just got bought out... If you like hands on youll hate office jobs.

you are a nurse and you cant find a job??????

State tested nursing assistant GArrett (its on here profile). The job market is the same though since she's certified. LOTS of opportunities out there!

With gas prices the way they r...why don't u go to a hospital and work 12 hours shifts. That's only 3 days a week of driving and GREAT INSURANCE. ;)

you are a nurse and you cant find a job??????

I think she doesn't like nursing, 'cause you're right.....Other than truck drivers....That's all I see in the paper.

As a fellow job seeker Danielle??...Sorry to hear about your situation......This economy sux! Think I heard on the news last week that unemployment has hit a 20 year high :eek: I know I also heard Hancock county jumped from 5th lowest to 12th this last time around :nono:

ive tried many times to get in a hospital.. its hard!! but i think i would like that a lil better than being in a nursing home.. its not that i cant find a job, its that after 2 years.. its all the same. i dont want to do it anymore.

i dont think it would be bad if i was a nurse.. i just hate this bitch work.

Turbo810 on the forum here is a machinist and he lives in your neck of the woods. He got a job working at Swagelok not very long ago. Send in a resume and see what happens. It can be tough to get in but when you do they're pretty good to their employees.

When she gave you the option to either resign or be fired, it was actually the option of getting unemployment and not getting unemployment. I think you screwed yourself. I would talk to them to be sure though.

Send me a PM, I got some info for you.

When she gave you the option to either resign or be fired, it was actually the option of getting unemployment and not getting unemployment. I think you screwed yourself. I would talk to them to be sure though.

Send me a PM, I got some info for you.

yea, ive been told that too.. and i didnt think of that, or know the difference. havent been in that situation before.

but, when she treathened to take it to state, i couldnt take that chance.. so i resigned.. i didnt want something bad goin on my record.

There is nothing that will go on your "record" even if you get fired. There is no "taking it to state" either. The only way any of this applies is if you get unemployment.

Anyway... go here... http://unemployment.ohio.gov/unemployed_workers.html

I'm thinking that even if you quit on your own, you can still receive unemployment, as long as you worked there for more than 12 weeks or something like that.

I would register on that web page and contact them to schedule an appointment. They will be able to give you more info. Either way, register and file for unemployment insurance. If you are not eligible, you will just not receive anything. It's not a big deal.

Mailing Address:

Montgomery County Job & Family Services At The Job Center

1111 S Edwin C Moses Blvd

Dayton, OH 45408 Map

General Phone Numbers:

Local: (937) 496-6720

Toll Free: 1-877-852-0010

We've had a few cases where people have quit and filed for unemployment. In the end they were able to collect because of the allegations that we were unable to accomodate their needs. One instance was an employee needing second shift hours and we don't run second or third shift. Another instance was a no call no show for three days because she didn't have anyone to watch her kid. I don't think employers can argue a claim of not being able to accomodate employee needs I guess.

Anyway, file for unemployment, if you get it, then you've got a little cash flow.