Many thanks to a couple of people on here!

MrMeanGreen

About 3:30am I got a call from Tina stating she had just gotten home. She was in Laurelville (SE of Lancaster) helping a friend move and was driving the Blazer (yes, she can legally drive :eek: ). About 10pm she was heading back here down US33 when the battery light came on and the ammeter starting dropping down the scale. She pulled over on the side of the highway to a gas station where the truck proceeded to not attempt start again. It was her, Toni (her friend), and my daughter, Jordan. After being stuck there, she called Andrew (Lustalbert) to come help her since I was at work and slammed fixing broken machinery all night (hence, I didn't have my phone on). He came out and diagnosed a dead alternator since the serpentine belt was still intact and everything else looked normal. Unfortunately, it was the middle of the night in Lancaster and nothing was open, plus the truck was not driveable.

Luckily, Jackie (gold Honda hatch) called and found out the situation, and drove from Dublin out to Lancaster to let Tina use her AAA membership to get the truck towed back to the house. They brought out a flatbed and dropped it off here.

I found this out on my lunch break at 3:30am and was glad everything was ok. Again, many, many thanks go out to Andrew and Jackie for coming to my family's aid late night in BFE and helping out when I was unable. It's much appreciated graemlins/thumb.gif

And a shittier note, I got home this morning at 7am and proceeded to tear into the truck after a night of tearing into machinery. For some strange reason, GM actually designed the Vortec 4.3L engine to have somewhat accessible components for the wear & tear parts. I had the alternator out in 20 minutes and off to Advance. It was pretty interesting watching the alternator test make the alternator fluxuate between 8-10v like it was having seizures.

So, $145 and 20 labor minutes later, everything is back to normal. With a lifetime warranty at that smile.gif

BTW, this Jackie person made a wasted trip. She could have just gave Tina the membership number and AAA 800# over the phone; didn't need the car.

That's how Tim got his car Honduh back here after the distributor took a crap on it. They never ask for the card.

Yeah, thanks again to Jackie and Andrew. Jackie made the trip because they told her she had to have her card present in order for them to tow me. I am just glad we were able to make it to a gas station before the truck died completely, that stretch of 33 sucks.

<--------Tina posting :D