Magic Mountain : Polaris

Buck531

Originally posted by Neo:

Dude, I'm sure you could theoretically break your arm jerking off but what's the likely hood? They must be safe and slow enough that their insurance company doesn't necessitate helmets. Whereas Speeds, where you could get hurt going 25mph+, requires a full-face helmet. You’re blowing this way out of proportions. He's an idiot for sure, but him driving a 7mph go kart drunk is no more of a hazard than me trying to spin you out, I can grantee you that much. graemlins/thumb.gif

When people close to you die from drunk driving it of course hits close to home... I might be blowing it out of proportion, but drunk driving ANYTHING is just not cool. Take it for what it's worth, but if I see anyone drunk and behind the wheel of anything, I will do whatever needs to be done to make sure that EVERYONE is safe... remember, a bike doesn't go much faster than one of these carts goes, but the powers that be still feel that it warrents getting ticketed for drunk driving. Just my $.02

Now with that being said, let's get some go carting in... I'm down! :cool:

Originally posted by Back_2_Reality_Of_Fury:

When people close to you die from drunk driving it of course hits close to home... I might be blowing it out of proportion, but drunk driving ANYTHING is just not cool. Take it for what it's worth, but if I see anyone drunk and behind the wheel of anything, I will do whatever needs to be done to make sure that EVERYONE is safe... remember, a bike doesn't go much faster than one of these carts goes, but the powers that be still feel that it warrents getting ticketed for drunk driving. Just my $.02

Now with that being said, let's get some go carting in... I'm down! :cool:

I 110% understand the drunk driving/riding (a motor bike) thing. It's bullshit and no one should do it. These things literally go less than 10mph. Like I said, they are so far from dangerous that they don't even have you wear helmets. Use some logic here. Their Insurance Company has deemed it Okay that people can ride on a go-kart without a helmet. You’d have to try and be a very unlucky person to get hurt on these things. Someone drunk behind the wheel of one of these would cause no more possible harm to anyone else out there. You definitely don't need to be drunk and I'm still not saying that this guy isn't an idiot, but someone being drunk 'driving' (in the loosest sense of the word) these things, isn't going to hurt anyone.

Maybe a bike doesn't go much slower than a 250cc shifter cart at Mid-Ohio. These things are SLOW. I could beat one on foot or my pedal bike, but they are still fun.

Originally posted by Back_2_Reality_Of_Fury:

riding a foot pedal bike under the influance is illegal and can be cited also

Haha, that's kind of funny.

It might have to be kind of thrown together whenever it is done because today the go-kart tracks aren't open, most likely due to the possibility of rain tonight. We have that little rain storm on the way up here so I don't think it will be dry tomorrow either. I guess we can usually know a couple of days ahead of time if it's more than likely going to be dry so we could kind of plan it. We could always try next Wednesday.

BTW, the unlimited go-karts is only on Friday and Saturday after 10. It looks like weekdays we'll just have to buy the combo packs. Three 'Stars' (one per ride)=10.95, 4=13.95 and 5=15.95. Whereas unlimited is from 10-12 for 10.95, but only on Friday and Saturday.

Check out http://www.magicmountainfuncenter.com and you can see their specials, combo packs, and whether the go-kart tracks are open or not.