Which vacuum to buy?

street pilot

My wife just got a bissle for $250. It's awesome. It has a nice plastic container that all the shit goes into and you dump it out. Its clear so you can see it picking stuff up and it cleans way better than our old cheaper one. I used our cheap one and then she brings this thing home right after I finish so I'm like WTF, but I used it anyway and it almost filled its contain after doing only 1 room and a hall way.

Evan

Originally posted by Innocuous:

Anyone have any good recommendations for vacuum cleaners? I would like to get one for my mom

It seems like she needs a new one every other year, so longevity and reliability are preferred.

This is on a budget (under $400 or so) so no Kirbys or Rainbows! ;)

Go see Kent ('58 Chrysler Saratoga Hemi) or Kurt ('65 Sublime Coronet Convertible 440) at Wiesheimer's Vacuum on 4th Street Downtown (just south of 670), they are my best friends and the owners.They only do vacuums, with in-house certified warranty repair, not like the polyester-clad sales weasels the Dept. store is paying commission to sell you a plastic turd. Got a huge selection of makes and models (Dyson, Kirby, Hoover, Bissell, etc) and will shoot ya straight, also hook you up.

open Mon-Fri 9:30 to 5:30 Sat 9:30 til 2:00

Tell them Mike sent ya!!

[ 02. December 2004, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Rotarded ]

Dyson's the new super cool vaccuum are @ Target for $399.99 you could always sign up for their credit card and get it for $360. I have no idea whats so special about it, I think it's the one on TV mentioned above and people buy them like crazy. must be something to it cause no way i'd pay $400 for a vacuum.

Get a Dyson. It is the sh*t! We've had other bag less ones and they've always loss suction after some dust gets in them. This one is as advertised. Does not lose suction untill totally full. We got ours for 399.99 at best buy laster year. It might be cheaper now.

http://www.dyson.com/

My parents fell for the whole Kirby thing. Freaking rip off IMO; way too heavy/bulky for its own good, and wasn't impressive at all IMO, especially for the insane price.

I really like the looks/features of the Dyson, and would love to get one. The price is hard to swallow though; there are a lot of other things I'd rather have for $400.

Seriosuly, go to lowes, meijer, etc and buy one for $50-$100. That price range will net you a bag or bagless with hepa filtration, hose + tool attachments, a 12 amp motor, and on certain models a wide head. I'm sure the dyson thing is cool, but it's not $400 cool. Kerbys are for people who like to vacuume with the bed room door locked.

Originally posted by The DropTop:

Seriosuly, go to lowes, meijer, etc and buy one for $50-$100. That price range will net you a bag or bagless with hepa filtration, hose + tool attachments, a 12 amp motor, and on certain models a wide head. I'm sure the dyson thing is cool, but it's not $400 cool. Kerbys are for people who like to vacuume with the bed room door locked.

That's what I thought about them before we got our Dyson.

Yeah, Dyson's are the shit, my mom just got one and it is so sweet. It has all these neeto thingys on it and stuff. And you don't even need to change the floor type setting on it you can just go from carpet to tile and it works great. Get a Dyson.