Radeon video card takes a dump

dragknee66

ACK RANE! Return that 9800 pro right now and go to CompUSA and buy a 6800GT. Same price, 1.5x performance. Plus the TAP plan. ...Or were they out too?

Originally posted by iwishiwascool:

I didnt know people still bought computer parts in brick and mortar stores.

NewEgg rox.

I've come full circle. But ONLY because of the TAP. (Otherwise I'd still be on NewEgg or whoever else gave me the best price on Pricewatch.com that moment.)

Guest Crankshaft

<font color ="midnightblue"> X800 SE > 6800 > 9800

I've had my Radeon X800 for about two months now. Might overclock it before too long just for shits and giggles, but so far it's handled everything from Far Cry, Doom 3, to Half Life 2 with aplomb. I'm very pleased.

Originally posted by Mowgli:

ACK RANE! Return that 9800 pro right now and go to CompUSA and buy a 6800GT. Same price, 1.5x performance. Plus the TAP plan. ...Or were they out too?

I've come full circle. But ONLY because of the TAP. (Otherwise I'd still be on NewEgg or whoever else gave me the best price on Pricewatch.com that moment.)

Enlighten me. What does TAP stand for, and how is this scheme done again?

Originally posted by The Silent God:

<font color ="midnightblue"> X800XT > 6800Ultra > X800SE(Pro) > 6800GT > x800(if you can find it) > 6600GT > 6800 > 9800 which doesnt even matter because it doesnt even support D9 which is what makes HL2 look pretty

Fixed

Last generation cards are old and busted. With NVidia offering mid range cards in the price range than beats the best of the last generation... there is no reason to go with the 9800 seriese.