Is Kahiki the resturaunt still around

XChris1632X

i know they shut the old one down in like 95 i used to go there as a kid. but i heard for years they were going to open up a new one. i knwo they have a warehouse in gahana but i looked in the phonebook and found a number for kahiki on 14 ave. is it an office or another resturaunt. please say yes i love that place.

They don't have a resteraunt open yet! However, the owner of Kahiki is in the process of trying to get riverfront property to build a new kahiki. However, I must warn you that they have been discussing business terms for about 3-4 years now... so it may still take another few years before anyone sees the actual resteraunt!

Sorry, but for now, the closet thing to the resteraunt you are going to get is to get their frozen food!

Jennifer's right...the old Kahiki restaurant has been closed for years, but the owner has produced and distributed frozen food for awhile since then.

Look back a few weeks in Business First and you'll find a really great article about the owner and his plans. I've only been in Columbus since 2001. I would greatly enjoy visiting the restaurant if they re-opened sometime.

Originally posted by Innocuous:

It was a pretty cool place.. Went there in my younger years, and I remember cooking meatballs myself right at my table. graemlins/thumb.gif

That was the most vivid memory I have of it, cooking them and then burning the sticks they gave with them and my mom flipping out, wow that was so long ago..

i asked the lady when i was in the warehouse if they had any intentions of opening up a restraunt anytime and she said "no, we make way too much money doing this (selling frozen food) to open a restraunt"...kinda seems if theyre making so much, they would jump on opening one

idk