good deal or not??

ninjachk08

ok.. i found this bike from cycle search.. says clean title. 03 636. 7,790miles on it. $2995. i just called and he said that a guy bought it and wrecked it the next day.. and he decided to buy a cbr from them the next day. the owner took the plastics off for some reason. the guy on the phone said very little damage, just a front end adjustment..something about the forks?? idk.. he did get very rude and hung up on me when i didnt want to give him my number.lol.

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2003-KAWASAKI-ZX-636-ZX-636-Ninja-93200224

should i do it or not??

damn nick.. there you go again bustin my balls.. idk, cuz i prob wont find a cheap bike thats in good shape.. cuz i prob wont be able to buy a used bike, unless i want to bend over.

when you coming back? we miss you... i'm the top poster of the month right now.lol

Just a front end adjustment...WTF? That sounds sketchy...probably got bent forks but those aren't hard to replace. Clean title is nice though...just make sure he shows you the title before you buy it!

that doesnt look to bad the forks look bent because they are extremely close to the radiator but for less than 3000 i would be interested plus i can easily fix those plastics for you perks of being in a body shop plus replicals.com will probably have a kit for the decals.... idk i would go look at it....

This is where I found my GS500. The interesting thing is that they tried to talk me into a SV650 while I was there but I declined and I actually ended up trading to the 600 a little over a month later. Anyway, definitely take someone with you to look at it before you take the plunge....

i wouldnt do it simply for the fact the guy was a dick on the phone.

+1......Coupled with the fork thing, would have me a little skeptical.

Also......With your job sitch the other day, is this really a good time to be taking on new debt? Sorry.....I know I'm rainin' on your parade. What's the market bearing on your 250 if you sell it to pay for this?

I visited that shop when I was in the market for my ride. I was unimpressed. I just got a bad vibe from the place. I was looking at a 2006 Honda Shadow 750 and the guy kept trying to put me in a real junker 2005 Suzuki Maurader that was beat to hell and back.

I ended up buying a 2006 Honda Shadow from J&J Cycles in Massillon. Saved about $1,000 and it had 749 miles on it. :D

I would give them a call to see what they have in inventory. It was worth the drive for me.

Its hard to tell if the forks are bent by looking at that photo.

I can tell you this, for several years I worked at a shop that specialized in motorcycle chassis repair (www.mphohio.com). It looks to me like the front end is bent - the tire isn't supposed to be that close to the radiator. Most likely they havent put the plastics back on because they dont fit anymore.

You can probably expect to pay at least $1,000.00 to get the frame road worthy again.

If you want to know more, let me know.

It looks to me like the front end is bent - the tire isn't supposed to be that close to the radiator. Most likely they havent put the plastics back on because they dont fit anymore.

I thought it looked a little funny as well

One other thing to consider - when bikes are damaged enough that the neck is bent, often times the bearing races in the neck become egg shaped. Once that happens you're pretty much toast.

I'm really surprised that this bike doesnt have a salvage title already.