Cleaning leather jacket?

RedRocket1647545505

I picked up a new leather jacket from buckle a few weeks ago. Well, I made the mistake of wearing it to a bon-fire the other nite, and now it smells horribly like smoke. the tag says to dry clean it. But I don't want it to lose that great leather smell. the jacket isn't phyically dirty, just smells like smoke. will having it dry cleaned get rid of the leather smell as well as the smoke? or should I just let it air out to get rid of the smoke smell? Any suggestions?

I don't think that stuff would take the smell out. The only Wilson's stuff that I have seen is conditioner for the leather. The smell is most likely not in the leather so much as it is in the lining, which is probably some kind of polyester. So, to disagree, I think the best way to get rid of the smell would be to get the coat dry cleaned.

(Of course, it doesn't hurt to have leather conditioner around, as you should condition your leather at least once a year, so you could try the Wilson's stuff, then, if that doesn't work, then get it dry cleaned.)