Newbie here

Guest visualpoet

Guest visualpoet

Okay, from looking around, I can already see that I can expect some ragging about my ride. I'm driving a 1991 Toyota Corolla DX. So far I've swapped in a Jspec 5A-FE (5 more horse than the original 4A-FE (not that that's a lot, but every little bit helps)), an a245e tranny out of a 94 Corolla, teased the timing a little, tore out everything pre-air filter (budget short ram!), done some interior work and some stereo work. You'll never see performance stickers on my ride, in fact the only sticker I plan on putting on it will be the windshield banner representing my website. Sure, she's slow and not too pretty, but she's mine, she's not another Civic (nothing wrong with them, but I want to be different (and difficult)), and I've had my own hands in every modification or repair that's been done to her. I've also done some interior work (including re-covering my interior door panels, creating and installing my own custom gauge faces and porting my rear deck for better audio air flow), installed a remote start, my entire stereo system, and the alarm. I believe if you want to know your ride you have to wrench it your damn self. Plus, if you do it yourself, then you know it's done right.

My future plans are a CAI, full 2.5" exhaust and a header, a slight drop in the suspension and then body work when it's all done.

I joined up looking for some local people to possibly hang with once in a while. It seems like you just don't get a good reception with the parking lot boys unless you have a super shiny neon laden sticker mobile with a huge wing on it here in Columbus. I'd like to be able to roll in and talk rides with people for a change.

pics of my ride:

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/visualpoet

My website:

http://www.corollastyles.com

Okay, let the flaming begin!

Guest nevarmore

Make that car fast and DO NOT touch the body. You will have a nice little sleeper car on your hands.

You also need to come rally racing. PM me for details.

Guest visualpoet

LMAO! Thanks! I feel welcome already. The only body work I have planed is getting rid of the rust and dents, shaving the handles and locks and a fresh coat or three of white with a blue pearl.

Does anyone here roll into the Columbus Square parking lot up at 161 and Cleveland Ave? I've seen a pretty good size gathering up there on Friday and Saturday nights. I rolled in a couple weeks ago with one of my kids and took a walk around, but I wasn't sure about the crowd, and then some guy in an old IH started doing donuts in the lot and I figured it was about time to leave before the popo got interested.

Guest visualpoet

I've actualy got two kids, both boys. One's 10 the other is 12.

AS far as tha 4agze goes, that's one option I've been thinking about. I'm also considering either a black or silver top. Although I really like the wow factor of having the SC under the hood.

Guest stevil
Originally posted by visualpoet:

but I wasn't sure about the crowd, and then some guy in an old IH started doing donuts in the lot and I figured it was about time to leave before the popo got interested.

lol :D We don't like that crap either. Nice website. Welcome to the board! graemlins/thumb.gif

you need a hookup on any toyo eng swap let me know. ;) I got your back.

Originally posted by Peekachoo:

welcome!

Don't put that fart pipe system on your car and you'll be fine. there's a Tercel driving around that has a far pipe and plenty of stickers and it sounds like crap.

smile.gif

:( I miss my yota.

Guest visualpoet
lol We don't like that crap either. Nice website. Welcome to the board!
thanks on both counts! We've been trying hard to keep the site going, It's hard for us to compete with corollacustomz.com. Lousy Canadian bastards!!! j/k. CC is pretty cool, we just need to be patient, we've only been up about a year, and a hack on our host shut us down about 6 months ago and lost our database, so we had to start over.

Guest Dark_Viper01
Originally posted by visualpoet:

then some guy in an old IH started doing donuts in the lot and I figured it was about time to leave before the popo got interested.

seems to me the cops don't realy care too much, I think they would rather have us there in the lot then out on the freeways.

anyhow welcome to CR

Sidenote:

Why does every comment on car domain include a plea for to "check out my ride and tell me what you think". It screams desperation and insecurity and makes me sad. Are kids these days that motivated by stupid blog blurbs?

I hate teen punks.