Support me, my friends, and my coworkers! Prevent lay-offs!

JaSSon

It has recently come to my attention that business at the East Broad street Lowe's has dropped to the point where management has no choice but to seriosuly consider laying off a fair amount of people. This would effect several of my friends, and possibly me (although I'm not sure, because I'm more of an Uber-vendor than a Lowe's employee).

I'm not asking any of you to go out and buy $3000 worth of lumber, or patio stone. I'm simply asking that if you need any of the items that a Lowe's (or any home-improvement store for that matter) would carry, you take the extra minor effort to drive to this store and help out a bit.

Now, I am also NOT saying that Lowe's is in financial trouble or anything, just that business is unusually low for this particular store.

I'm sorry, but I hate going to Lowe's. I can never find anyone to help me and if I do find someone, they can't answer my questions. When I was building a custom deck for my house, I went to Lowe's and had them do a deck design for me on their computer. The design looked aweful. Their program couldn't put the corners of the deck together.

Just out of curiousity, I went to Carter Lumber, and the guy I worked with there was VERY knowledgable and did the design for me on their system and it was awesome. The picturs looked exactly like how I wanted my deck to look.

After I got the frame of my deck built, I went to Lowe's to get just 1 board. I asked for a 2x6 decking board. The guy handed me the board and I went on my way. After I test fitted that board and mounted it, I realized that it was a 5/4 decking board. I was sooooo pissed. I was already at the point of no return, so I had to finish with 5/4 decking boards.

I'm at the point with Lowe's, that I will never go there for their assistance. I will only go there if I know exactly what I'm looking for and I can find it myself.

I've had so many bad experiences with them and I don't go there unless I have to.

FYI... this hasn't happened at the store you speak of, so I'm not dogging your store or the people you work with, just the one that I go to. I've never been to that one and it is clear on the opposite side of town from me.

Originally posted by Republicant:

Hey Sully, thanks for the productive post. Well done. :rolleyes:

I agree 110% with Sully; throw at least a LITTLE training towards the Lowe's reps, and the situation may improve.

Also, it's up to the management of the failing store to fix their own dismal situation, not members of a racing board.

Having said that though, DropTop, I hope things work out for you.

I have noticed that when you go to Lowes there isn't anyone around. This is a result of the staff getting less hours to work, thus I don't want to shop there and so management sees less people in the store and cuts hours more.

I go to homedepot and there is someone in every department and they know where stuff is that isn't in their department.

Guest nevarmore
Originally posted by Gurkha:

prevent lay offs, dont vote republican graemlins/thumb.gif

Ya, because the unions and minimum wage increases backed by the democrats will do wonders for the hourly emplyoees at Lowes.