F1 race this weekend. NOT TELEVISED?

controler

Originally posted by Mrs. CentralOhioSubarus:

yeah but who wants to just wants to turn one way?

Ovals are dizzying

they would be if the cars were actualy fast. NASCAR isn't racing, its essentialy a bunch of guys trying to cut eachother in line. graemlins/nonono.gif

The shity IRL used to be kinda fast, but a couple dozen spines later, they've slowed the cars down a bit.

[qb]have you heard about the new Grand Prix thing going on?

A1 Grand Prix

http://www.a1gp.com/home.html [qb]

Wow, a winter series would be quite cool. The formula looks fairly economical, preformance probably comperable to CART. It REALY looks close to what BE is trying to make F1 out to be...hmmmm. Perhaps a test bed for the new formula? They should get a Long Beach or Miami race. ;)

Man that was great!!

I kept screaming GO ALONSO GO!!

I have gotten so bored watching Michael win.

I am glad someone else is taking the championship so far..

but we will see what happnens

A 22y.o. spaniard at that, good season. graemlins/thumb.gif

I'm kinda annoyed that everyone has it out for Schumi. The guy came back from a 13 spot deficit to grab 2nd place even from cricism that "he wasn't able to handle the car." The man is the winningest F1 driver ever. The early debut of the F2005 I'm sure helped, but he was setting, breaking, and resetting fastest lap all day yesterday. Ferrari has finally gotten the shit kicked out of them by the F1 board of directors and for Michael to overcome the myriad of restrictions designed to knock Ferrari, and specifically him, off the pace is a respectable accomplishment. I used to be a BMW fan but all the shit between BMW and Williams has made me lose faith in that team. I'm not trying to take away from Alonso's win, both he and Renault deserve the #1 spot for what they bring to the track each weekend, I just think that the whole anti-Michael sentiment is ignorant of such a talented person.

First off, the FIA loves Ferrari, dont forget it. They kissed their ass for a long time...why? Last years record breaking season, they wanted some history borken. These days they have to engineer the series to make Ferrari less of a wolf among lambs. They want to hit more markets, they need a competitive series. Lets hope Mosely doesn't fuck it all up.

Btw, Shumi is one of the best drivers the world has ever seen, true story. He has a seperate medula specificaly for racing housed in his chin. graemlins/thumb.gif He is only boring to watch when he's in front....which has been most of the time.

The only way Ralf is going to see a pole is if they errect one some whewre on the course. tongue.gif

Originally posted by Rally Red Evo:

I didn't get to watch it, sounded like a good race. I have always been a Michael fan from his days back at Benneton.

"WTF is up with that lifted nose? That shit will never catch on."

It caught on in 94....caught on fire. tongue.gif

http://www.f1-grandprix.com/photos/ben_fire_94.jpg

Guest blackz06
Originally posted by 10xworse:

I'm kinda annoyed that everyone has it out for Schumi. The guy came back from a 13 spot deficit to grab 2nd place even from cricism that "he wasn't able to handle the car." The man is the winningest F1 driver ever. The early debut of the F2005 I'm sure helped, but he was setting, breaking, and resetting fastest lap all day yesterday. Ferrari has finally gotten the shit kicked out of them by the F1 board of directors and for Michael to overcome the myriad of restrictions designed to knock Ferrari, and specifically him, off the pace is a respectable accomplishment. I used to be a BMW fan but all the shit between BMW and Williams has made me lose faith in that team. I'm not trying to take away from Alonso's win, both he and Renault deserve the #1 spot for what they bring to the track each weekend, I just think that the whole anti-Michael sentiment is ignorant of such a talented person.

I agree. The FIA has gone to the ends of the earth to level the playing field for the rest of the teams in Formula One, yet Schumey still managed to nab a podium finish at San Marino. Its just awesome to watch him achieve against all odds.

Alonzo, Raikonen and Truli are really good drivers but you can't deny that Schumacher is just down right awesome. He's like the Micheal Jordan of Racing as far as I am concerned.

Originally posted by Black Z06:

I agree. The FIA has gone to the ends of the earth to level the playing field for the rest of the teams in Formula One, yet Schumey still managed to nab a podium finish at San Marino. Its just awesome to watch him achieve against all odds.

Alonzo, Raikonen and Truli are really good drivers but you can't deny that Schumacher is just down right awesome. He's like the Micheal Jordan of Racing as far as I am concerned.

Welcome to the boards.

I think that the true spirit of racing is to TRY and gain the unfair advantage over the rest of your racers. I remember a Le Mans series scandal where a BMW team had installed fuel 'holding cells' along the fuel lines...basically they were small .5 liter spheres that would hold extra fuel, but were not technically fuel tanks because of the way they were assembled. If someone is that freakin smart that they can outwit the competition, let them do it until everyone else catches on!

Originally posted by 10xworse:

basically they were small .5 liter spheres that would hold extra fuel, but were not technically fuel tanks because of the way they were assembled!

those were a safety problem though. Listen to David Hobbs Stories abouthte reserve fuel cells found in his ol F1 cars, basicaly a couple liters of gas in a tank righ next to the driver seat. tongue.gif

Originally posted by Black Z06:

No, you're thinking of Senna. graemlins/thumb.gif Schumi is more like the Lary Bird of F1, who whas still awsome despite being at a disadvantage...being a cracka. tongue.gif

AND, you left Szolt "the bolt" Baumgardner off your list. graemlins/lol.gif