Delaware Dam has a....

Sully

3 foot crack in it!?!?!?! My sister-in-law just called and said that a sheriff just stopped by her house and gave her an evacuation kit and said that she might need that sometime tonight because of the crack. Anyone else heard or been told this?

my brother told me this in morning, i don't know how he heard about it but i thought he was kidding, it is interesting to hear about it from somebody else, the only problem is if they do open the damn up the olentangy is expected to rise up to 15 ft. or so witch could be a big problem because it is already high as hell

I was told at work tonight that they are opening it to relieve the pressure on the damn caused by all of the extra water. There was no mention of a crack or damage, but they are expecting it to cause ALOT of flooding downstream.

On the radio before 5 PM the Army Corps of Engineers said that there wan't any danger and that all people that left the area could return today.

I wouldn't doubt that the dams could have problems though. My wife knows a state dam inspector and he says they ain't in great condition. Probably not really dangerous or in these times of law suits we'd be seeing repair work going forward.

Evan