Vote

Science Abuse

Got in line about 8:00am this morning, finished about 10:30am.......2.5hrs, and I would do it again if I had to.

I am so thankful to live in America.......thank you to all of you who protect our rights, lives, and hope for a greater future....your service to our country is priceless. God Bless America

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who can vote but chooses not to should be ashamed. People are still killing eachother for the right to do it in some other parts of the world. Take a few hours outta your day, and get your ass to the polls.

If someone as impaitent as me can sit through it to spend the time to vote, so can everyone else.

got in line today, a guy just ahead of me, after waiting for 10 whole minutes found out he was in the wrong precinct line, and walked out.

Total time was about 2 hours, i dont think 10 minutes was gonna affect ya that much haha.

Yes, vote against the smoking ban.

Originally posted by SpaceGhost:

I hope that Smoking ban passes.....That would be the shit! Smoker's bad decisions in life should not have to effect others on a daily basis. I have the right to clean air in a public place.

Be prepared to stand out in the fucking cold and smoke!

I doubt it but I think us smokers are already use to standing out in the cold since most places are already smoke free

also I agree you have a right to a smoke free enviroment but the reason I voted against the ban is it is a stupid bill for a Bar enviroment I know lets save our lungs while we destroy are liver by drinking it makes no sense to me

Well, I would've voted, but people are retarded. Months ago I registered through the mail and it was lost in the mail, so I sent another registration thing through the mail and well, just found out that they registered it in my sisters name.. and I didnt put her name, and she hasnt lived in Ohio for about 2-3 years now.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by B DUBS:

vote for issue 1 as well ;)

And i went to vote, no line i went around 10:30

Get a job, hippy! tongue.gif

Originally posted by smokinHawk:

vote for Bush or may God have mercy on your soul!

I'm going straight to hell anyways...

http://www.rockcitynews.com/photos3d/antibushwar2/images/church-to-hell.jpg

At least I wont be lonely :cool:

As a none smoker. You have the choice of not going into a smoking establishments. It should be up to the owner's decision who he wants to do business with. If it is more beneficial to have his/her estabishment to be none smoking, you bet the owner will make it so. It's just business.

If I'm a owner of a bar, I'd be pissed if the gov' tells me I can't make my place a smoking place if I wanted to.

Don't forget about the poor workers that don't smoke and has to work in a bar full of smoke. Has to? Get a different job. Oh... but why should someone change their job for somkers... boohoo. They knew what they would have to deal with when they applied for the job. If you're a vegan and are against animals being food then don't work at McDonald's. Wow, what a concept.

[ 02. November 2004, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: Mr. 2 ]

I go to bars and drink coke and pepsi, shoot pool, throw darts, play trivia, watch sports, I'm not killing my liver. No bar owner is going to say "no smoking" without laws in place to enforce it. Why would you cut your market on pourpose potentially. And anyway are you as a smoker actually never going to eat or party in a bar if is illegal to smoke? I think not. This country is full of drunks.

Applebees banned smoking in their resteraunts nationwide and lost money, according to a waiter I talked to there. They've lost bartenders because they could no longer to live off of tips. Their alcohol sales have plummeted.

This was all because Applebees willfully banned smoking. I think that if this passes, many bars will go out of business. I'm not a huge fan of bars, not because of some moral issue, just because I don't enjoy the environment. So here's a fucking concept - I don't go to bars!!

Besides, restaurants already have separate smoking and nonsmoking sections. Except for waffle house and bars, but people go there because they WANT that specific environment.

I don't drink. I don't go to bars. I just feel that business owners can make that decision on their own. The consumers has a choice on go or not to go. If hanging out to shoot pool, play darts and play trivia is more important to you then being in a smoke free enviroment... Well, I guess you've made your choice, right?

It passed in Columbus so it doesn't really matter talking about it anymore. The gov' already regulates enough IMO. This is just another way to stick their nose in. Why? Because the general public is too dumb to make their own choices. According to "them" that is.

These bans are on business that are in a sence public because everyone has access to them. But they're owned by private business owners. To me, that's not really "public" such as schools, gov' buildings or parks.

Originally posted by copperhead:

THE BAN FUCkING PASSED????

....pissed

All you smokers are evil. graemlins/nonono.gif

You got yourself a trade off this yer, though mike. Sure, you cant smoke cigaretts in public places, but you CAN smoke bitches with the concealed assault weapon of your choice. tongue.gif