Kenneling dogs?

Trouble Maker

So we have a bit of an issue this upcoming weekend and all of the direct family is going to be out of town. Anyone who would be able to stay here/come over here and let the dogs out is going to be gone.

I was wondering if anyone has taken their dogs to a kennel or something to that effect and had a positive/negative experience with any specific place. We would only be putting them there on Saturday day, night, and Sunday day. Then I will be back in town. We have two dogs, one beagle (35lbs) and one lab/beagle mix (60lbs). Not big dogs.

TIA

Generally about $40 to $50 for the kennel time per dog, and you will have to have their vet records to prove that they are up to date on the vaccinations. Call around is all I can say, most places are pretty booked up this time of year

Originally posted by Redneck #1:

darn, i wish i were in town saturday, i'd be willing to help out.

Ehhh, thanks for the offer, but at times neither of the dogs do well around other dogs they don't know and I know you have one. It's defintely too much to ask you to come over.

Nathan 96, thanks for the info. I knew the needed all of their normal shots, plus I guess another one (my dad was talking about this).

We usually board our dogs and cats when going on vacations. The dogs range in size from 10 pounds up to almost 100 pounds. We have never had a bad experience and the dogs seem very well taken care of. I would suggest that you ask to see the facilities that the dogs will be kept in and where they will be exercised. But I wouldnt give it a second thought the dogs are fed and watered daily and well taken care of.

hey jesse where abouts are you? The woman and I aren't going to be out of town so we could let em out for you if need be, i've done it for doggunracing (keith) in the past it's no big deal. Give me a pm if you still want to have someone take care of it for you.

T.c.

[ 22. June 2005, 11:43 PM: Message edited by: Veritas ]

Terron, thanks for the offer, but we've already got a kennel lined up. We ended up using the one off of Georgesville Rd. (near 270). It's right next to our old Vet. We are only kenneling the Beagle because he is nuts, my grandma is taking care of the other dog because she can actually handel her. I just hope Mickey (our beagle) doesn't get pissed about it because I have to live with him for the next week after this alone. redface.gif

Everyone else, thanks for the suggestions!