songs with alot of bass

armin922

Guest mudbutt
If you are wanting stuff with overblown 35-50hz that "pounds" you cant go wrong with just about anything by Luke. Outkast ATLiens has a lot of LOW bass, even for a rap cd. I have to agree with dave on dark side of the moon. It is a great all around audio demo disk. Put it in what you think is a good system, it will bring out flaws in both staging and bass.

Guest BLACKBIRD99

Nelly has a lot of songs with good beats and bass to them.

I used to have a ton of bass CD's from the early to mid 90's but threw them away when I outgrew that stage.

I agree DJ Magic Mike. Totally slammed in my trucks system. I used to compete in dB Drag Racing. There competition CD has some waves that will blow the shit out of weak equipment. I scored 142.8 dB most of the time I had it end. Then I doubled number of amps and pulled a 150.9 dB the last few times I ran it. That shit was off of 4 Cerwin Vega 10" vega series subs and 4 Pyramid 1200watt gold series amps. (don't laugh I've got more than enough pictures of me with trophies to prove it worked)

Evan

Magic Mike is really good, but it's all bass, Too short's bass riffs are better though, try the song The Ghetto. But by far, Pink Floyd, specifically the song TIME. The bass guitar in it is possibly the greatest of all time for a listening experience. The rest of this stuff is just 808 synth. And is just music, or noise depending on your tastes. Floyd is spiritual, and the music will bring you to a new level of the music experience. The other thing to find id Hotel Califorina live by the Eagles, the begining of the song has some very tight snappy bass for testing the response of your speakers and cabinets. If it sounds at ALL muddy or humms like the DJ Magic Mike music, then you are running too big a port in you sub cabinet or it needs to be sealed all together.

Fake bass?

Anything with a pipe organ will make thoes songs blush.

EDIT: Good link. What are some great movie and music demos? From SVS Subwoffers, a home audio/theater sub place. Has a huge laundry list of moveis with 'waterfall' analysis of the lower freq. specturm (3D time versus freq versus power). It also has quite a few songs, from classical, to organ, to pop (rock mostly) with loud, low bass if you scroll down. Alot of sub 20Hz stuff, feel it in your bones with the right system. :D

[ 15. April 2004, 02:21 PM: Message edited by: My name... is Neo ]