oggvorbis

JaSSon

Oog has been around for a while and some say is actually better than mp3 and also is an actual free encoding format.

http://www.vorbis.com/

You maybe able to use graphedit to do it. I don't know of any easier way but basically you should be able to source the file link it to a decoder for oogvorbis and then link that with the mp3 encoder and then write it to a file. Thats how I go from dvd audio -> mp3 for encoding divx so I don't see why it wouldn't work here.

I read up on what it is, and I have deemed it completely unnecessary. Useful ONLY to maybe video gamedevelopers. For me, all it does is split music into two different (and unnecessary) formats, and prevent me from burning a cd.

Can Nero burn the .ogg files? nope. Can windows media play them? nope. I don't feel the need to have multiple formats of music on my machine, hence making the codec unnecessary. And unless an MP3 is coded at some stupid low bit rate, they sound just fine.

You say better, I say pain in the ass.