nelson ledges sold!!

kawi kid

This is great news! That was the Marquis de Sade of tracks that I've seen and had a couple buddies bin it hard there. Glad to see someone come in and make some much needed improvements.

"However, its bumpy surface, high-speed layout and lack of run-off room at some of its more daunting corners have been the source of controversy, and in rainy conditions, some riders have refused to race, citing safety concerns."

Sounds like the Mid-Ohio and AMA Racers.

"However, its bumpy surface, high-speed layout and lack of run-off room at some of its more daunting corners have been the source of controversy, and in rainy conditions, some riders have refused to race, citing safety concerns."

Sounds like the Mid-Ohio and AMA Racers.

no way you can compare nelson to mid-ohio

i have a feeling that nelson will be a VERY nice complex when all is said and done. the new kentucky track is being done the same way. it'll be nice to have putnam,beaver,mid-o, new nelson,and bluegrass, all within 4 hours or so. all will be very nice venues

I wasn't comparing nelson to mid ohio directly. I qouted that part because thats what most of the AMA pros say about mid ohio. Those guys have been complaining about Mid O for a while now and they even have a petition signed that they will not race in wet conditons at Mid O. Thats why they had to dry the track last year for the sunday race. And During the Championship two years ago a bunch of privateers made up the first two rows on the grid cause the pros didn't qualify in the wet conditions.

I wasn't comparing nelson to mid ohio directly. I qouted that part because thats what most of the AMA pros say about mid ohio. Those guys have been complaining about Mid O for a while now and they even have a petition signed that they will not race in wet conditons at Mid O. Thats why they had to dry the track last year for the sunday race. And During the Championship two years ago a bunch of privateers made up the first two rows on the grid cause the pros didn't qualify in the wet conditions.

Again, the issue with the pros is safety in wet conditions at Mid-Ohio. Nelson is really not an issue for just one reason.

The track is unsafe because of track surface, run-off (Lack of), ruts in the grass areas, and simply - it is run down and a pile...

There's no petition signed by riders anywhere or one that even exists. Don't be starting rumors. The pro riders from the factories and satellite teams have all come together and decided to not run there if it is a wet race. It isn't like a petition that is signed to keep smoking in a bar...

Nelson sucks and Mid-O sucks. Both for VERY different reasons. Mid-O is one of the best tracks on the Eastern side of the US, but needs some issues addressed before it can be exceptional...

there were no wet conditions during qualifying. the factories/satellite teams boycotted the heat race program that was being used for qualifying.

has there been any speculation as to when demolition begins? I have a weekend in October booked at NL. somehow i doubt they're doing any maintenance between now and then, so it should be an adventure.

our race there in august? i think has pretty much been cancelled. I believe the demolition is starting this fall. supposedly the track will be up and running next summer. so they'd have to be starting very soon.