Noobs welcoming Noobs

Nitrousbird

This applies to pretty much all message boards I frequent, not just this one.

A noob makes a "hi, i'm a noob" post (notice said noob doesn't know what a capital letter is). Of course you get the typical "Welcomes" from veteran members, then a few ribbings from those getting good ol' entertainment from the noobs.

But you just HAVE to have another noob giving them a welcome. WTF, they are a noob too. If you are not an estabilished part of the forum community, you should be trying becoming one, and not pretend you are one by welcoming others.

I'm not sure why I posted this; perhaps the flame room hasn't had enough noob topics lately, and the noob forum is lacking any good noob abuse. :(

[ 31. May 2005, 09:00 AM: Message edited by: Nitrousbird ]

Originally posted by Dr. Z06:

The mental doctor: being facetious.

You: not getting it.

I get it, I was just playing along. You've made comments in the past about how long you've been here.

BTW, did you get the reason I said "mental doctor." Hint: it wasn't a reference to you being mental.

I'll be the first to tell you that I haven't been here that long. So, not sure if I came across the wrong way in other posts, but my intent would never be to perpetrate like that, i.e., acting like I've been here "forever" or something along those lines.

And, yes, I think I got your reasoning behind the use of the term "mental doctor."

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fast cutie
So joe, when exactly is one "allowed" to welcome people? I may not have as many posts as others but Ive been here for awhile tongue.gif

Originally posted by fast cutie:

So joe, when exactly is one "allowed" to welcome people? I may not have as many posts as others but Ive been here for awhile tongue.gif

When one is at least a slightly active member of the community. There is no set rule, but 3 posts obviously is a noob.

• 1 month later...